• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

MGC Wrecked MGC-GT

twigworker

Jedi Trainee
Somewhere in your notes, jot down to have the frame dimensions thoroughly checked before you settle on an agreed upon buy out price. If the structure is tweaked you will, as you know, have a devil of a time getting it to run down the road straight. Not to bum you out even more with that worry, but in the heat of the moment you might have overlooked it. Jack

OP
jackq

jackq

Jedi Knight
Country flag
I had planned on as soon as the adjustor is finished to take it on my roll-back truck to my favorite frame and alignment shop.The proble is..with the rack damaged, I don't know how much can be done. If this had been A John Deere...or a combine..I'd be set. When we pull one of our cars out for a cruise its like being on Mars. One low-rider dude comes up and says"hey man....where jou get dem wires at"....told him they came on it...wanted to know if they'd fit his Chebbie....It never sits outside the fence unattended.

R

Randi

This is so sad & then to have insurance problems suck- remember all the fraud from insurance co in my neck of our world- MG Enthuisathas for sale cars asmoss and a number of new English clubs and Mags on the web.Zack and I have MGBGTs but loads of parts if we can help!!Randi

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Will be intresting to hear the numbers. Repair cost and what USAA offers.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
You know, I recently took a '68 MGC GT shell to the junk yard...don't remember if the old steering rack was still under it...if it is, its at least a core or possibly rebuildable...I'll go by my buddy's yard & look if you want

OP
jackq

jackq

Jedi Knight
Country flag
That would be great if its there Tony. If it is, Give me a price as USAA will pay. Then I could clean, pack and send it off to England for a rebuild. I sat staring at the Corvette today....hate driving the rental but really don't want to use the Vette as a driver...and the new fuel dist. won't be here till Wed. or so for my 911. My atty. calledme today..old English car freak. He want to come to the shop tomorrow and survey the damage....I'm getting him primed, old time country lawyer who hates rice cars and the punks who drive them. Also, have given up the idea of getting a Jag. Wouldn't that be like going to the dark side or something?? Whenever we've been at an English car get-together, I notice that Jag owners have clean fingernails. Guess that means they got money and can act like snobs.

Aren't they just fancy fords now anyway?

vping

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
If these racks are so rare, wouldn't you have taken that off the shell before sending it to the crusher?

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
It didn't go to a "crusher" per-se.

jackq: YES!!! Don't go to the Dark Side!! (unless it's a 1967 E-Type) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif

jessebogan

Jedi Knight
Hey! while I sympathise no end with your present situation, I have to comment about the Jag owners comment. I have a couple of XJSs, and you can be sure that no body, but no body ever touches them except me. Not all Jag owners are effete snobs, some of us are just regular LBC people.

OP
jackq

jackq

Jedi Knight
Country flag
I meant no offense....but years ago my wife and I hopped in the CGT and drove to albuquerque, a nice 230 mile each way trip. Went to my VW supplier to buy parts for my shop and stumbled across an English car get together, in a parking lot next to a Hooters( **** the luck:>) Anyhow, pulled up and most of the folks drifted out to where I was parked asking where we were from...why we weren't parked inside blah...blah. Told them it was my work and parts chasing car. Popped the hood to prove it wasn't a clone...ooooo...aaahhhh..cranked it they loved it. anyhow, went in and browsed around and everyone was cool, except four or five guys who strutted around wiping non-existent dust specs from their E-Types. Thats why I pick on Jag owners. The ones that did honor me with a few words did admit they knew how to pop the hook..but that was about it.

Steve_S

Yoda
jackq, I have some diagrams that may help your alignment check. Send me an email address if you need them and I'll send them right over.

R6MGS

Yoda
Re: and another thing

I get the same kinda thing from most Jag owners around here....Thats one reason I am no longer with the Jag club.
BTW: My hands are always black.

Bruce Bowker

Obi Wan
[ QUOTE ]
Just gat an e-mail from the man with the C roadster for sale in Colo.....sold. **** the luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was that a green one? If so I was looking at it. I guess no more.

Bruce

OP
jackq

jackq

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Yeah...we were writing back and forth..sold Friday. Then the green one on E-bay in Laredo Tx...he called me and talked at length...very nice..hit reserve and sold last nite. My problem is..and got worse today, the USAA adjustor blew me off at the shop, didn't write down the rack...the tires and tubes, the wire wheels.?? Said he doubted USAA would cover that stuf?? I have a bad feeling It'll come to a lawsuit, which I'm really not prepared to do.My C will probaly end up as a parts car or at the recyclers. THEN...my ins. comp. The Hartford sent an adjustor today and he totally blew me off. Said if the other driver had been uninsured...they'd cover it. But being he has coverage...and IF USAA blows me off...its over. I guess it didn't pay to do all this work. I'm closing my shop by summers end...so everything will have to go anyhow.

vping

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
That green ebay c looked pretty nice. Too bad about the whole insurance thing. Makes you wonder what you really get for what you pay.
I got sued once. Same Ins co with my family for 30 yrs. They settled & dropped me like a bad habit.

Get a good lawyer now! Some will even take the case without money up front... If I was one... I'd do a Pro-Bono case for you. This is sucking worse than most bad things that happen to me.

Bruce Bowker

Obi Wan
I said very much earlier in this thread, don't let these adjusters get to you. It is there job to save the company, not you. Go after them and go big time.

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I would call USAA again and tell them that their adjuster is incompopatant, list what he did not cover etc etc.