• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

General TR What Did You Do to Your Triumph Today?

tinman58

Jedi Knight
Silver
Country flag
As I am getting ready to fire up the 250, exhaust is done, and the interior is almost done. I tested all the wiring for the overdrive before putting on the tunnel. Of course after the tunnel is on. I turned on the ignition to bump the motor and the good old Lucas smoke made his appearance. The yellow wire from the dash to somewhere on the trans just completely smoked. Have no idea why yet, but will look closer tomorrow. Hope to start it up tomorrow also..............

fpstude

Silver
Country flag
Today I lubricated the speedometer cable. Hopefully it will dance a little less.

poolboy

Yoda
Country flag
Cool Charlie !
All I did was drive mine into town to pick up a prescription at walmart this morning..about 45 mile round TRip.

charlie74

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
thanks Ken!

all mine has gone is about 3 miles so far this season... waiting for the nice(r) weather to make an appearance.

this spring has been a long time coming. it was nice last week, then we got another shot of winter with a final helping of salt. bugga!

i like the gauge, but it is a bit hard to see behind the wheel which is probably a good thing actually. NOS for $60 off ebay. i was really surprised that i was the only bidder!

c74

justin_mercier

Jedi Warrior
Installed a new stereo in the wedge with bluetooth hands free built in and an Ipod dock connection, and tried to tidy up the wiring under the dash this evening. Earlier in the day I attempted to spot weld back on the broken front tow hook attachment to the wedge, but couldnt get good penetration and a good weld, so gave up on it for now. Tomorrow I will replace the door speakers and add a small pair of rear speakers behind the seats. Getting ready for a trip up to new hampshire next weekend with the wedge, and the first New England Triumphs driving event of the year.

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Pulled the pass. seat out of the wedge to get some more measurements for the Patton Miata seat retrofit kit.
Pulled the new block, BACK, out of its crate and borrowed a stand to start rebuilding it.

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
Got the TR6 started after 3 months in Florida. Took usual 30 seconds of cranking when cold. Warmed it up and took off down the road for a couple of miles. It ran fine. I had put some fuel stabilizer in the tank before leaving.

TR4nut

Yoda
Country flag
Did one of my least favorite things which is repack the front bearings on the 3A. Need to get the car ready for a big tour with my pals around the Great Lakes region - about 4000 miles starting the end of May. Hope the rear end holds up and I'm not talking about the TR.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Two days ago I repacked the front bearings, and adjusted the brakes. Today I added some oil to the dash pots, got some gas and went on a 50 mile ride in the country side which included going through two covered bridges. After I exited the second bridge, I looked in the rear view mirror and saw a right-hand drive Morgan roaring up my a$$... it was a fun day to drive in the beautiful sunshine!

sail

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
Did a compression test which still looks good after a new head gasket last year, adjusted the valves, messed with the mixture and went for a nice long drive on a beautiful spring morning.

Tugboat

Country flag
Drove it for about an hour to identify bugs I need to sort out before the UBSCC show in Dixon, CA next month. Ran like a dream though there is a distressing clank in the front end on the passenger side every time I hit a bump. Need to check that out.

toysrrus

Yoda
Happy Post Easter,

it was sunny & temps in the low 70s. Great driving weather.

We had a nice brunch buffet at a place called the "Lighthouse" on Lk. Keowee.

i have a badge with a "Ukranian" Insignia (My Nationality) mounted on my badge bar (Rare little devil). Leaving the restaurant; I find a note on my seat saying "Christ has risen" in "Ukranian! I thought that was pretty cool.

What surprised me was; No contact info was left.

Overall, It was a fun driving day in the TR.

Russ

Foura

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
Took the 4A for a run to bed in the EBC GreenStuff pads that I put in the Wilwood callipers last weekend. The standard pads that Richard Good supplies are very hard, although almost fade proof. I did not have a problem with them, but my wife found the pedal pressure way too high. The car has a TR6 servo and dual circuit master cylinder with ventilated front discs (off a Peugeot!!!!). The EBC pads give better bite at a lower pressure so she should be happy. Happy wife, happy life.

OP
glemon

glemon

Yoda
Country flag
I started this crazy topic, and hadn't touched the TR250 since....until today, beautiful spring day, maybe even a little too warm, but perfect roadster weather after supper, so I cleared the garage (TR still 2 cars deep in the garage) and she fired right up and went for a nice drive around the neighborhood, ran great, I just love the way it pulls out of tight corners in second gear, the IRS and sway bar work well together to put the power down.

Tugboat

Country flag
Determined that the previously mentioned clank in the front end was from one of my shock absorbers losing the nut at the top so that it was just sitting there doing nothing.

bigbadbluetr6

Jedi Trainee
I've been fighting a starting problem, painted the wheels and changed the center hub cap to the correct color, ordered a top boot from TRF while they are on sale along with a few other things. Had to change the starter solenoid because an wire ear broke off the old one. Got some plywood to make board to go over the tire in the trunk. I've been working on the dash and got my dash lights and taillights to work. Besides the starting problem I'm fighting trying to get the brake lights and taillights to an equal brightness. I'll add a 3rd brake light once I find one I like(any suggestions?) That's about it for now.

justin_mercier

Jedi Warrior
Installed a lighter outlet with USB ports for my GPS, and went to wire up rear speakers to the rear deck of the TR7 coupe. When I got to removing the 'buckets' behind the seat (which were always kinda useless for storing stuff in anyways) I realized that there's actually quite a bit of space there. I may now be building a speaker box with a 8 inch subwoofer and pair of nice rear surround speakers to fit the space up there instead of putting the 'buckets' back behind the seats. Originally I was just going to cut holes above the seatbelt mechanisms and put speakers there, and put the buckets back, but I think the space would be better used making a speaker box, something nice looking but which will give me good sound quality while driving, because I love cruising and listening to music. This one done in a TR6 that I have bookmarked is an example of what I could do, but I'm thinking of filling in the space flat behind the seats above the gas tank.

IMG_1532.jpg