• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

General TR What Did You Do to Your Triumph Today?

Jerry

Darth Vader
Gold
Country flag
by the way, Dan and his wife won with the TR250 at the show. Nice car! I wish I could paint like Dan and Pat.

jerry

tinman58

Jedi Knight
Silver
Country flag
Thank you Jerry! For all of you that missed the Dixon show sponsored by the UBSCC, you missed one of the best shows in the west. Almost 300 cars at the show. Most important great people. Pat Galvin, Paul (apos) brought his sweet bug eye. Mike (tugboat) and all the rest. I did not bring my camera (left it on the desk). So I can't post any photos. What a great show! Can't wait for next year. Again thank you Jerry and Katie for a great show.

apbos

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Jerry
Thanks again to the club. It is always good to put a face to a name as this group has been very helpful with my projects. Dan is my hero as his work is always up to a very high standard! Hope to see you all next year with one of my TRs.
Paul

OP
glemon

glemon

Yoda
Country flag
I officially started my Toyota caliper front brake upgrade, Amazon has the right front caliper "loaded" (with pads) right front for $38, but no left front, but still I figured too good to pass up with free shipping so I pounced and will wait for a good deal on the other side, or pay a little more if I get impatient.

justin_mercier

Jedi Warrior
Put the interior back in the car, having finished putting down the dynamat everywhere that needed it. Got all the parts I need to redo the brakes on the tr8 rear axle I'll be replacing the original 4speed rear end with, new shoes, cylinders, clips, etc. Got a box from Victoria British as well... I ordered a pair of wheel bearings for the late model rear axles and a new breather, and decided to tack on an extra differential gasket, though I had already got one from MOSS. Well... i got my box from VB today... and it had the gasket and that's it, the bearings and the breather are now on back order no ETA *sigh* the whole reason I placed the order in the FIRST place was their website said that they were in stock.

TexasKnucklehead

Jedi Knight
Country flag
OK, actually this was yesterday, not today but...

I tweaked my latest accessory. It took a little driving to get the servo 'centered'. It doesn't work quite as good as a unit on a new car, but at 75mph, unless you were to notice the indicator light, or my foot away from the pedal -you wouldn't know I was cruising.

The servo is under the apron by the right head light. The cable pulls from my center-pull linkage on my H6Ss heat shield. The TR4 intake already had a vacuum port to power the servo. The inductive pick up in the #1 spark plug is the only obvious modification under the hood.

The only thing this really enforces is the notion that we never really get finished with our car.

Attachments

• cruising.jpg
    cruising.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 45

tinman58

Jedi Knight
Silver
Country flag
You know that your door hinges are supposed to be painted!!! I left mine shiny too. I think it looks cool. Brass on a old car is cool.

TexasKnucklehead

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Brass on a old car is cool.

I agree. The brass hinges match my brass nuts.

Tonight I was pulled over by an off duty Tomball policeman driving a lifted pick-up truck. He has a 1959 TR3 that belonged in his family since new. We had an interesting discussion and he seems eager to get his TR3 on the road.

Trevor Triumph

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Today I repaired the fuel pump. It quit working last night and had to call AAA to get the car home. This morning I tested the fuse and wiring. I pulled back some insulation to test whether power was getting to the pump. When I turned on the ignition switch, the pump came on. Maybe taking things apart cleaned the connections?

Got_All_4

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Sanded, filled, sand blasted and primed. All in one day!

Attachments

• blasted3.jpg
    blasted3.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 64
  • primed3.jpg
    primed3.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 65

justin_mercier

Jedi Warrior
Took measurements for a speaker box for behind the seats and tinkered with the mixture on the carbs to try to get smoother acceleration. Spent more time cleaing and working on the refurb of this new rear-end for the TR7. TR7 brake drums are no longer available anywhere, so I need to figure out how to set up my lathe to re-surface these brake drums that Iv'e got which have a lot of rust pitting and whanot.

None of the shops in my area have brake lathes anymore, so I'm probably going to have to fabricate a mandrel and cone to center and clamp the drum and keep it parallel with the axis of rotation to do it on my lathe.

toysrrus

Yoda
Hi Folks,

Sat. 5-24 was a gorgeous day @ The Great Scot all English car show @ Furman Univ. in Greenville, SC. Temps were in the low 80's & sunny. There were approx. 75 cars showing & My TR3 took 2nd. place in its class.

Simply just an overall fun day.

Happy Motoring,

Russ

HerronScott

Darth Vader
None of the shops in my area have brake lathes anymore, so I'm probably going to have to fabricate a mandrel and cone to center and clamp the drum and keep it parallel with the axis of rotation to do it on my lathe.

Wow, I guess I should feel thankful we still have a shop that can turn drums. I just had a pair done on our old beater car that my son drives (96 Ford Contour) as it was cheaper than buying new ones.

Scott

OP
glemon

glemon

Yoda
Country flag
I autocrossed it :banana::banana::banana::banana: (Edit) much better than dancing bananas, see below)

Last edited:

KVH

Darth Vader
Country flag
new muffler for my 4A; and then tuned and set the carburetors; still battling pre-ignition, I'll dial it in somehow

OP
glemon

glemon

Yoda
Country flag
That being said, my answer today "nothing" but I give a long look at my new steering column bushes, but yet again they gave no indication of being inclined to install themselves...

My quote above from the very first post on this thread back in March, well today I put in the bushings and a new rubber steering column joint, showing there is hope for procrastinators everywhere, and by the way, oh what a difference, should have done it years ago.

Got_All_4

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Worked 14 hours on sand blasting the rockers, door seals and rear wing edges. Rust was creeping under the paint so got rid of the old stuff and used a modern day epoxy primer with better corrosion protection.

Attachments

• blasted3.jpg
    blasted3.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 57