• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

What Are You Listening To?

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
A great show... as was:

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
When I was a kid growing up in the Bronx my dad took me to see Roy Rogers and Dale Evens at Yankee Stadium. Great memories of my youth.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
At the moment I'm listening to (and watching) The Andy Griffith Show (Arrest of the Fun Girls). I own the set.

PC

Obi Wan
Country flag
Well, this was the very last thing I listened to.

And this is what I listened to just before that.

Detect a pattern?

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Allison is amazing. You have probably seen this one but I fond it incredible. Maybe you had to be of a certain age to remember the original.

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Something that got me through my last year at college (1970) -

Saw BST in a live concert in Tampa during college in '72 or '73.

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
A highly underrated group in my opinion. Back in my AF days, one of my airmen could have easily passed as Cesar Rosas (the lead guitarist).

Bayless

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
IMHO BS&T was and still is the best there was. I got to see them live twice.

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
IMHO BS&T was and still is the best there was. I got to see them live twice.
I'm pretty sure I've told this story before but, heard David Clayton Thomas on the radio a few years ago. BS&T were never a 'true' band in the sense that they had musicians come and go over the years. Thomas was making the point that the BS&T franchise was worth 5 million dollars a year - but only to play the old stuff. No one was interested in his new music. He even told the story of his daughter calling him to supper as he worked in his studio. He replied 'be there in a minute, I am just finishing this track.' She replied; 'why? no one is going to listen to it anyway.' ouch.

An interesting place to be though - especially for an artist - people are only interested in what you were and not what you are.

Banjo

Yoda
Country flag
Roll Northumbria by the Dreadnoughts. I can't get past the chord progression of this tune. It is now part of my repertoire. It's been in my head for days.....

Basil

Administrator
Staff member
Boss
This morning I'm going through and cleaning out my office files and listening at the moment to Adele (couple of different albums)

PC

Obi Wan
Country flag
.... An interesting place to be though - especially for an artist - people are only interested in what you were and not what you are.

Yeah, it's like when Dylan put down the acoustic guitar and picked up an electric. Nobody ever listened to him again.

Artists should just stay in their lane.

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
Johnny Cash covering hurt is one of the most emotional songs ever.

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
I agree Walter. Hits me every time.

jfarris

Jedi Trainee
Gold
Country flag
Pandora in the house and garage; mostly Joe Bonammasa, Van Morison, Santana, Eagles, Doobies and maybe Phil Collins. When the wife gets involved, Tracy Chapman, Carol King, and a bit of JT. Pandora and Sirius 60s and 70s in the car. Jazz & Blues always welcome.