• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Vroom Vroom!!!

Olafthor

Hello fellow enthusiasts!

This is a great place and I'm very glad that it is thriving. I've been perusing some of the posts this evening and have really learned quite alot already.

I recently purchased a '73 TR6 and, while it is in good condition - for the moment, I do realise that the clutch is needing some attention. At times, especially from a dead-stop, it is quite difficult to get into gear.

I'm also experiencing challenges getting the auto to start after it has been running for a while and the engine has heated up. A perfect example of this would be shutting down the engine and filling the tank with gasoline. Patience has been my virtue. I've found that depressing the accelerator pedal to the floor while cranking the engine has helped improved the re-starting time.

Anyway, just wanted to say "Hello" and share some of my "this weekend" project work with you all.

Best wishes and VROOM VROOM!!!

Daniel

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
Welcome!
When you made the VroomVroom comment, I thought you were making a Miata/LBC connection (there are a ton of us here who own LBCs and Miatas).
Now that you've joined up. I'm sure the guys in the Triumph area will have some suggestions if you post a note about your clutch and starting down there.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Welcome..now ya gotta get an MG!

R6MGS

Yoda
Any LBC is welcome, even if it is a triumph /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif