• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

The Beast is reborn!

healeyguy

Freshman Member
Only 16 years into a 3 year restoration. She is finally done and in mid-April my daughter Shannon and I will drive her from Arlington, Virginia to Boise, Idaho. The posts on this web page have been invaluable to me in getting to where I am today, many thanks to all.

008.jpg

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
WOW!, OH! thats nice I would have put it in the bin along time ago.---Keoke :thumbsup:

germanmichel

Jedi Hopeful
Excellent,what I can see !! :thumbsup:

For what I can`t see, post more pics please.....do you have rusty pics ?

Bye- Michel who is on the beginning of the same way...

Lin

Jedi Knight
Gold
Country flag
Looks very nice, congratulations! Are you in the Capital Area Austin Healey Club? If not, join us. It is a great group.

Lin

nevets

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Congrats! You must feel very pleased. Best wishes on your upcoming journey and many many happy miles. Would love to see more pics.

HealeyPassion

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Congratulations!! Good job in sticking with it. Do you have the pictures posted anywhere? I can't wait to see mine all together/completed.

Cheers,
Steve

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
Beautiful car. Are those minilite wheels? I grew up just South of where you're at in Alexandria.

hama61

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
Hello,

Very nice car worth all the effort enjoy the car and happy Healeying.

I am saying all the time, that my restoration will take in total three years as well but have somewhere the idea it will take a little longer.

Do you have just as asked by the others some more pictures?

Harry

AUSMHLY

Obi Wan
Country flag
Hello Healeyguy, :savewave:
Beautiful car, nice background choice too. :thumbsup:
I'm surprised no one has mentioned you should post more photos. :jester:
I agree, the information, help, here is invaluable with our restortations. Thanks guys:grouphug:
So, about that eye candy, any more photos? :yesnod:

Cheers :cheers:
Roger

OP
H

healeyguy

Freshman Member
Thanks for the kind words. Yes they are minilites, hate all of the spoke cleaning. I bought the car with 22,000 miles on it in 1971 from the original owner. Drove it all through college and put her up on blocks when I went over seas. Long story short she was rather beat up but I had undercoated the interior floor pans and exterior under and wheel wells so the rust was not too bad. Rotisseie for two years. I was able to buy a freshly restored BJ7 that had been totalled immediately after its renoation and was able to get many great usable parts. I am in the process of moving for the last time in my life, I hope and will get more photos posted asap. As I said my daughter and I will be leaving Arlington, Virginia on April 18th and hope to be home (new)in Boise late in the evening on the 19th. Most people think I am nuts but my daughter thinks it will be a great adventure. Will post as we move across the great US of A.