• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Small Victories.....for Mac

OP
Tr3aguy

Tr3aguy

Jedi Knight
Country flag
It is back....I need to PU the frame....I got to figure out the best way to retrieve it. Probably go next week after work one day. I need to get a trailer or dolly but tomorrow the Flex is headed to Ford again.....So I may need to rent a truck...fun,fun,fun

OP
Tr3aguy

Tr3aguy

Jedi Knight
Country flag
So I am trying to load this from my blackberry.....
6596464989_0ef2da4fa4.jpg

mallard

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
That's got to feel good, it looks great. Now that it's clean how do the problem areas look?

toysrrus

Yoda
Hi There JP,

Hey, Your catching up to me real fast!! She looks just great!!

Keep on Motoring.

Happy New Year.

Russ

OP
Tr3aguy

Tr3aguy

Jedi Knight
Country flag
OK....so thanks for all the comments..and accolades. I am trying to get back on track with some items. I will have my meeting with the shop to discuss the estimate I received, this week. I hope to pick up the frame next week and start the clean up on it.....I know that one of the mounting bolt holes is stripped out....any easy way to repair this? Any ideas on how this can be fixed?

TexasKnucklehead

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Tr3aguy said:
I know that one of the mounting bolt holes is stripped out....any easy way to repair this? Any ideas on how this can be fixed?

Depending on where it is, you could just use a longer bolt with a nut on the bottom side.

OP
Tr3aguy

Tr3aguy

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Hmm...got to see the car tonight up close and personal....it needs a lot of attention. I will have to be patient....So the guys tell me it looks like my frame color was originally Sky Blue....Car was Primrose Yellow with a black interior....but the top was White and so are the Sidescreens......Kinda of an odd combination

6809757927_68598e945d_b.jpg

Why I bought the metal...
6809757791_cdf1efbbbd_b.jpg

CJD

Yoda
Country flag
Well...she's a bit rough...but that's OK. Just pick something that looks reasonable to get your feet wet, and dive in. The great thing about metal is you can't ruin it. It can all be patched or replaced.

Can you give us a pic of the mounting hole you're worried about? That sounds like a good place to start!

John

OP
Tr3aguy

Tr3aguy

Jedi Knight
Country flag
I decided after meeting with the shop to move forward some. There will be some prep work on the frame and new floor pans and sills(inner & outer) will be done along with some tie in to toe kicks and side panels. The thought process was to get the structures of the body sound while I could afford it.
The doors I brought from VB were in a lot better shape so those will be fitted as replacements. I got the blessing to use the shop sandblaster on weekends if I would like....woohoo of course it is only a table top model.

More cleaning scraping and painting is always on the list.....so there we go.

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Tr3aguy said:
Hmm...got to see the car tonight up close and personal....it needs a lot of attention. I will have to be patient....So the guys tell me it looks like my frame color was originally Sky Blue....Car was Primrose Yellow with a black interior....but the top was White and so are the Sidescreens......Kinda of an odd combination

TR's came in all sorts of combos. The '57 that I had left the factory with beige paint, blue leather interior, and white top and side curtains - according to the build sheet.

OP
Tr3aguy

Tr3aguy

Jedi Knight
Country flag
It was a busy day trying to get a trailer to pick up the motor....used a U-haul motorcycle trailer....has the ramp and is maybe 4 X 7. Then get the motor and trans loaded on my dolly, in the trailer. Drove back and had to figure out how to offload the motor, by myself, without flipping anything over....came close but I was successful in rolling it in the garage.

Did all that and still managed to make it to work on time....tired but I also
got to see the work on the car...looking pretty good. Pictures to follow.....

The bottom of the car is starting to look pretty solid. The pan is in on the passenger side and the mounts have been rebuilt. The doors are off for a media cleaning. The outter sill is tacked in place. The floor pan is out on the drivers side.....all joints are butt welded with shiny new metal. The toe kicks are tied in and tight.

Looking less like swiss cheese and more like a badly neglected TR3 that has some promise. It still has a way to go but it is moving forward.....

All for now.

CJD

Yoda
Country flag
Great...can't wait to see the pics!

I used to move engines in the trunk of my Mom's Caddy. Bear to get in and out, but that's what beer and friends are for. What she didn't know...!?!

John

CJD

Yoda
Country flag
You've got the good floor pans. Can't tell them from the originals. They did a nice job at the front of the sills, also. Looks like the inner sills were still serviceable?

John