• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Sand, Ocean and Granite

Stewart

Darth Vader
Country flag
What a day. Took the B out for the acid test of the rebuild. Drove from Pasadena out to Goleta (Moss) then back down the 101 to the 126 through the orange groves. Then went south down the 5 to the 210. Took a detour up angeles crest to the top of mount wilson and had an absoute blast. Finaly made it back home 270 miles later.

The B ran for the most part fantastic. It's going to take some serious self control to not get a speeding ticket. Step on the gas at 70 and she's going 80 without breaking a sweat and quickly heading toward 90. She ran a needle width to the left of N the entire time and the oil presure was a solid 80lbs the entire trip.

The only issue I had was an very random and far between issue with what felt like a cylinder droping off line while going between 60 and 75mph in 4th. Would last very briefly to 10 seconds or so and then back to smooth.

Some pics from today.

DSCF0049.JPG

DSCF0052.JPG

DSCF0054.JPG

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Good run, eh?....did the folks at Moss take photos for their magazine?

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
They darn'd well should have, and PAID for th' priveledge as well!

Nunyas

Yoda
Country flag
sounds like you had a great time...

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Th' traitorous scum.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Steve_S

Yoda
One of the guys who lives on top of Mount Wilson is an old car nut. I organized a So Cal MG Club trip to the observatory once and he nearly passed out from delight. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Next time you go for a drive like that and want company give me a shout. I drive up the coast to Moss all the time when I need parts and have the time to spare.

Nunyas

Yoda
Country flag
as we should all know from your adventures with Cedric post earlier this year...

so, when you getting a deep water fording kit for Cedric? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

John Moore

Luke Skywalker
I love Tom's front bumper on there! Looks like it's supposed to be there and not some after thought! VERY NICE!

michalotti_tr

Jedi Knight
[ QUOTE ]
Hmmm... maybe pontoons that come out from the sides!

[/ QUOTE ]

Or you could steal an idea from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and have a hovercraft skirt deploy from underneath /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
I suddenly hear the refrains of the opening theme from a James Bond movie...

Nunyas

Yoda
Country flag
*snicker* adding the oil slick and smoke screen mods wouldn't be too difficult... plus Cedric already has the obligatory series of toggle switches along the dash. So, a couple more would just kind of "blend in" if you will... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

hover craft skirt would certainly be nifty... but that reminds me of the "Monster Garage" episode where they tried to convert a DeLorean into a hover craft... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif