• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Plymouth Baracuda

Bruce Bowker

Obi Wan
It may have been an older show but I just saw it. RM Auctions sold a Baracuda Hemi convert for $ 2.2 million.

Bret

Yoda
I love Barracudas! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thumbsup.gif

At $2.2 million I’m guessing it was a 70 Cuda, only the later Hemis bring that kind of money. The first generation ones like the one I had don’t draw near that kind of money. But a nice original one would probably be in the upper 20’s or low to mid 30’s.

Here’s Blondie my 67 Barracuda.

bacaruta.jpg

Should'a never sold her. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

PATR8

Jedi Knight
Great looking 'Cuda and look at teh cars in that lot, I see a early mustang, a Gremilin X, a Chevy Monza.... and lots of really really big ugly cars

Camshaft

Jedi Knight
It was a 1971 Hemi 'Cuda convertible, one of eleven. Seven were built for the U.S., four for export. Only three or four had four-speeds, like this one did.

sammyb

Luke Skywalker
There were 14 Hemi 'Cuda convertibles for 1970. My father in law was going to buy one of them new off the showroom floor in Seattle (one of the larger Chrysler/Plymouth dealers at the time.) He was going to trade in his '65 Impala SS Convertible. My mother in law told him they couldn't afford it, even though it would have only cost a couple grand out of pocket. (The 'Cuda had been at the dealer for a year or so without selling, so it would have been a great deal.)

He remembers it as being one of the 4spd cars.

Bummer, because it now would be a several-million dollar car. Instead, he still has the Impala SS.