• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Buried Plymouth

sqbsprite

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Anyone else been following the unveiling of the '57 Plymouth in Tulsa? Sure glad that wasn't a BE they buried. There wouldn't be anything left to bring up. They would have been better off putting it in a sealed barn somewhere instead of a leaking pit. What a mess!

jhorton3

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I saw pics of it being hauled away on a flatbed. Notice they didn't pull back the canvas to reveal what kind of shape it was in. Also notice the tank on the back of the flatbed. I think it was suppose to be full of gas in case gas didn't exist today.

zimmy

Jedi Knight
its all rusty, rotted and dirty!
mostly worthless......
some poor sucker that won the
population raffle gets to keep it.......z

G

I liked that style of Plymouth. One of the few finned 50's cars that looked fairly tasteful..

"Christine."

anyone else think those rear springs are toasted?

mark

OP
sqbsprite

sqbsprite

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
The actual time capsule was a welded steel tank and everything inside it survived in perfect condition. Why didn't they just weld up a big crate with the car in it? What were they thinking? I bet if anyone gets the bright idea to do this again they will have learned some lessons. How about that chrome on the front bumper? That was REAL chrome, not like most of the stuff we see today. It has to look a little better once they wash it, but there's not much left.

Speedy_Pete

Jedi Trainee
The Italians had the right idea: you didn't need to go through the hassle of burying the whole car for 50 years to get it in that state, just park it outside and wait for it to rain... I did notice the poster said it would be a priceless antique in 2007- do you think with hindsight they meant worthless?

Branson

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:]What were they thinking? [/QUOTE]

Welcome to Oklahoma! we get this question alot down here and same as always...we weren't.

Fortunatley/unfortunatley for the winner...I believe they recieve a replica of the car and not the actual car. someone check me on that.

awww, anything can be fixed for a price. if i were the winner i would want the actual car. Restored to factory condition please.

mark

vping

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Those pics are neat. Nice cans.

OP
sqbsprite

sqbsprite

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Just think, it would be the only collector car that would require no upkeep. It's definitely a one of a kind, documented piece of history. That is what will set the value for some collector. At this point, it would probably be worth less restored.

pa297pass

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
It has to be the lowest mileage, most original 1957 Belvedere in existance ...

Hmmm ... that sounded strangely like an Ebay ad ...

/bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

Matt

OP
sqbsprite

sqbsprite

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
I think you would need a bigger team for that beast. It could haul the Isetta in its trunk.