• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Not so good results with hoses on Friday

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
Well, things haven't been going too badly until today when the fitting of what I THOUGHT would be a good idea took place.

Actually, it's not the fault of the hose, but rather of the angles and length for the top. I was concerned when I saw how the radiator fit last night and we changed the outlet, but just can't get this top one to fit or look right in my mind.

So, I called Summit and found that they now have the same SS hose (which is reinforced high pressure oil or coolant hose) that I used for the heater hoses in the 1.25" ID needed for the radiator hoses. So they will be here by Tuesday and things will be all ready for them to go on. The key here is more the fittings than anything and I think that this newer smaller fitting as used on the heater lines and will be fine.

Two months ago when I ordered the others, these were not available, so now every line and fitting will match. I guess that after all of the things that I hoped would go right and did, I can't get too concerned over one thing that didn't.

On a positive note, the wiring is nearly done for the fan and the headlamps are ready to be installed, so we'll be pretty much buttoned up by Tuesday when the hoses arrive. At this point, waiting a few more days is nothing. :yesnod:

OP
Brosky

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
Gotta love Summit Racing. I got an email yesterday afternoon with a coupon that stated a $30 off on next order over $100, but clearly states must be used when placing order.

I had placed the new hose order three hours earlier (just over $100 by accident) before I got home and saw the email. So I call late last night and explain the issue. No problem, we'll just credit your card back tomorrow when the order clears as shipped. So I get a shipment notice with tracking and credit all at once. No hassles, no argument about technicalities, just good customer service.

These guys are very good with tech issues when trying to match parts that they don't list in their catalogs.

roofman

Jedi Knight
I figured it out. Your trying to outspend Dale.

OP
Brosky

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
No I'm not even close to Dale. Out of my league.

But I am trying to out-bling Kodanja!

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
kodpkd Compression Test Results Austin Healey 1
Hamish Racing 2022 Sprint and hillclimb championship results uk TR Register Racing 6
Hamish Racing General TR TR Register sprint hill climb championship results (Uk) Triumph 3
AUSMHLY Compression test results Austin Healey 17
DrEntropy MGB Results of renewing front suspension MG 7
S Some observations/results to slowly diagnose why my Healey overheats at idle Austin Healey 40
Steve1970 TR6 Carb air piston test, still results in stall even when adjusted rich Triumph 11
steveg Definitive results of tests on factors influencing cooling Austin Healey 46
sd80mac7204 Spitfire Road trip to help a friend last weekend with surprising results Triumph 4
M Compression test results Austin Healey 11
R General TR Poly bushings long term results Triumph 4
me61ic Compression results - Worth Rebuiding? Austin Healey 13
T TR2/3/3A Has anyone put sound deadening in a TR3. Were the results worth it? Triumph 21
M New memeber happy with results Triumph 6
G 3.55 Gear results Spridgets 13
pkmh Compression Test Results for BJ8 Austin Healey 14
HEALEYJAG Pebble Beach: auction results 100 Le Mans Austin Healey 4
Rut PCV installation results Spridgets 40
bighealeysource Scottsdale Auction results Austin Healey 4
Number_6 TR2/3/3A Auction results for TR3's Triumph 16
DNK Your results may vary... Triumph 9
rick_ingram MGB Awakening my 1978 MGB - No Results MG 4
Brosky Dyno Day today & results with comparison Triumph 16
dklawson Spitfire 1300 Spitfire Compression & Leak Down Results Triumph 15
M $500.00 Midget results Spridgets 23