• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

NOJ 393 & OON 440 on track together at Castle Coombe.

DerekJ

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Following on from Goodwood I went to Castle Coombe for the track test of NOJ 393. Paul Woolmer had brought along OON 440 and the 100S Reg EVV 106 was also there. Unfortunately the lens mount on my Nikon is broken so I only had a point and shoot camera. I did manage to capture a 10 second clip of the three cars coming down the home straight. This is pretty historic as apparently these cars never raced together in period. The video is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lE1CfjqYBII&feature=youtu.be . Just a tantalising glimpse of some great action. John Chatham had a couple of cars there including a fantastic 240 bhp, all black, aluminium bodied 3000, with black 6 inch Cobra wires, that he has just finished.

Attachments

• IMG_3411comp.jpg
    IMG_3411comp.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_3426comp.JPG
    IMG_3426comp.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_3425comp.JPG
    IMG_3425comp.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 94

dougie

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
SWEET.....thanks for the tease.

OP
DerekJ

DerekJ

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Just to clarify. OON 440 the famous 1955 Mille Miglia car, has been restored to as it was when in raced at Sebring in 1956. This was the ultimate development of the 100S and the car runs with twin Webers. It is a light, metallic green, which was its colour before it was sprayed red for the Mille Miglia. EVV 106 is British Racing Green so all three cars are a different colour green.

dougie

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
Just to clarify. OON 440 the famous 1955 Mille Miglia car, has been restored to as it was when in raced at Sebring in 1956. This was the ultimate development of the 100S and the car runs with twin Webers. It is a light, metallic green, which was its colour before it was sprayed red for the Mille Miglia. EVV 106 is British Racing Green so all three cars are a different colour green.

These photos might help illustrate this:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/27357414@N02/8783458829/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/27357414@N02/8790051554/

bighealeysource

Luke Skywalker
Bronze
Country flag
Like Dougie said, that's just a tease, would love to see more of those three out on the track !!!