• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New mg ca suv concept car

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
That's all we need, another rice burner over here. Even has the oriental look from the front. The grill area looks like it came from one of their puppet show faces. Far as I'm concerned, they can keep it over there! :pukeface:

Gliderman8

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I agree Paul... just another cookie-cutter car. Wish they would remove the "MG" logo.

Country flag
In an effort to find something nice to say and something to like about that..... I like that the tires are nice and round.....that's it....that's all I got.....

certifiedcarnut

Freshman Member
I saw this creature on the AW newsletter. Absolutely awful! And they put an MG emblem on it! I still can't figure how the MG name was sold off to this company. Wasn't there anyone out there who could save the name and make sports cars that look like MGs again? Mr. Tata from India is keeping the Jags and Land Rovers looking like themselves. How could this have happened? Weren't there some MG car guys or sports car guys in general who could have saved the name from this?

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
How could this have happened? Weren't there some MG car guys or sports car guys in general who could have saved the name from this?

Money! No one would or could, afford to tie up that much money to buy the rights for the name. At the time, the chinese were the only ones willing to gamble and had the money to back it up. I'm not sure about using just the letters MG would be an infringement on ownership as the letters MG are not unique to just cars, but I'm sure with MG in the octagon it would. I was totally against ownership of the name leaving the UK, but big business is big business and money talks whether we like it or not. I know every new car on the road today has some chinese parts in it and there's nothing we can do about it, but I won't buy a chinese built car, I don't give a hoot who's name they stick on it! PJ :nonod: :disgust:

MarshgrassA

Jedi Trainee
Not my cup of tea! In reality it will probably sell if priced with other similar cars and not because of the MG logo. The design is what the younger generation seem to like and most have no knowledge of MG history.

Just my 2 cents.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
To my eye ALL the SUV's are lumpy, overpriced, semi-practical vehicles. This one is a particularly onerous example due to the badge insult.

F

fixitright

It's so sad that every new car looks like every other new car. One of the reasons to own a older Brittish car is because of how it looks and the fine bodylines. I don't think these new MG's can retain any of the old Brittish concepts. and I woner why they still call them MG's When they look like all the other cars on theroad.