• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

New favorite Healey moment

Country flag
While waiting at a crosswalk in Pacific Grove this last weekend (the Cambria ride)a Down Syndrome young man walking with his parents looked up, smiled and gave my car the thumbs up. I almost cried. Better than a best of show! Just thought I'd share that with you and maybe others have great Healey moments they will always remember and want to share too.

Dave Russell

Yoda - R.I.P
Gold
Rich,
I understand your feeling. I've no stories that come near matching yours.
D

th, great event, and to think those nuckleheads didnt pick the healey as one of the "100 sexiest" cars /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thumbsup.gif

nevets

Jedi Knight
Country flag
great little story. I'm always impressed by the universal appeal of the Austin Healey...it seems to cross all boundries ...age, gender, culture, etc. I guess cool is recognizable to everyone. Probably why it's called a classic.

healeynut

Jedi Knight
Country flag
To be brutally honest, I'd be more impressed if Miss Hawaiian Tropic 2007 gave me a thumbs up while riding in my passenger seat wearing a string bikini... but then I'm not much of a sentimentalist!

/bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/banana.gif

healeynut said:
To be brutally honest, I'd be more impressed if Miss Hawaiian Tropic 2007 gave me a thumbs up while riding in my passenger seat wearing a string bikini... but then I'm not much of a sentimentalist!

/bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/banana.gif
healeynut, we all have our dreams dont we? i like yours very much but i would have also insisted on a case of whip cream, high heels, and a case of peaches, ah the peaches dont ask. -------- my best healey moment took place on a saturday last july on a very still scorching hot afternoon, id pulled into the left turning lane and stopped for the red light, on that corner is a dairy queen amongst the quite crowd of 25-30 people at the counter with their backs to me all intent on purchasing their favorite flavor ice cream stood one little blond haired blue eyed angel all of 5 years old holding her moms hand and fidgeting with excitement and anticipation for what she was about to receive turned around when she heard the healeys exhaust note she peered at me with gapping eyes for a moment and exclaimed with great vocal volume not often associated with one of such diminutive physical stature "hay everybody look at that cool car" her resounding voice echoing off nearby buildings and so they did each in turn then in concert thumbs up,"ya man","cool","wow","nice car mister" some even applauding, the traffic light turned green the little girl some how had managed to release herself from her mothers concerned grip shed made her way to the corner of the building, i completed the left turn and looking in my rear view mirror she remained standing there waving. yes the healey does without question maintain a universal appeal.

kcbugeye1275

Jedi Knight
Don't often read your forum, but here I am. The bugeye always gets the attention of all the little ones in the neighborhood. But on one fun day I had a buddy from Wichita who has had a lot of lbcs, but never a Healy, we drove all around KC and afterward his comment was he couldn't believe how much attention the bugeye got.

kcbugeye1275, i have a budy that owns a bugeye he usually comes by my place every weekend and we sometimes use his car to fetch lunch, hardware store runs or just take it out for a fun ride and i have to agree with you it also gets alot of attention. i want one! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/iagree.gif

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
That's funny Anthony, I have a friend named Matt who lives close by and has a spotless little Bugeye. That little car gets a lot of attention from other drivers especially when going up these steep hills.---Keoke- /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

pan

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Speaking of little ones (kids, not bug-eyes), my three year old grand-daughter recently told me (in confidence) that she would soon be ready to ride in "Pa's noisy car"
I can't wait for that Healey moment!