• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

MossMotoring article

TexasKnucklehead

Jedi Knight
Country flag
In case anyone read the latest Moss Motoring, and thought the 'bucket list' story sounded familiar, it is mine. I don't have much progress to report and haven't updated my 1/2-way thread for some time. Body work is time consuming, and I've been too good at procrastinating. Anyway, if you saw the story, I hope you enjoyed it.

Jer

tinman58

Jedi Knight
Silver
Country flag
Saw it, Enjoyed it.

martx-5

Yoda
Country flag
Yes, I read and enjoyed it very much. Great job.

DNK

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
2 articles ,one month by "our" boys.
Daddy is so proud!

justin_mercier

Jedi Warrior
I saw the article and the first thing i noticed was... the photo of you on your unicycle... The reason? This year, in talking with some friends, we were talking about new years resolutions, and how no one ever keeps them, but how if we all made funny or crazy resolutions that would be fun to keep then maybe we'd stick to them. So my resolution this year was... to learn to ride a unicycle =P I just went out last week and bought this one

uni.jpg

I'm still planning on getting my Hunter roadster on the road and drive it all spring, but my shop time has been SEVERELY limited for the last few months. I loved your article however, and hope that more cars damaged in hurricanes, both katrina and the more recent hurricane sandy in the north east, get saved by hobbyists rather than salvaged.

OP
T

TexasKnucklehead

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Thanks. Who/Where is the other?

Justin, I sent you a Pm. Generally, unicycling is more difficult to learn, the older you get. If you wait till you're dead, it'll be too late.

Adrio

Jedi Knight
Country flag
I tried one year to learn to ride a unicycle. Never managed it. So the next year I resolved to learn to juggle, that was more realistic and was able to do it. Maybe I am just too old to learn the unicycle (at least my TR3A is older than I am :smile: )

CJD

Yoda
Country flag
All these years I was wondering how your car got all the sand everywhere...now I finally know! Great article, and noble project. You need to get serious with the beer supply so I can come down and weld with you...!

I grew up not far from Bay St Louis and got to see that area wiped clean with Two hurricanes. The picture with you and the trailer brings back memories of the MS gulf coast.

OP
T

TexasKnucklehead

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Adrio, "trying one year" might not be enough of a commitment. Some learn in a few hours. Some have learned over the age of 70 -without so much as scraping a knee. My learning was more of a crash course, and it took a few months. My brother and I looked as we were beating each other up -which we were, but the cycling attempts left more marks. My TR3 is older than I, but that's no excuse to stop learning.

One of the events at the (Unicycling) Nationals is a 50 meter dash -juggling. I have participated, and in doing so, considered myself a contender. That event in particular is truly a spectator sport. Knowing how to juggle, it sounds to me like you are half way there. Incidentally, the (unicycling) Nationals, are really "North American" meets. I attended one in Toronto.

John, I have a few beers on hand always. Today I have Guinness (Stout and Dark), Rolling Rock and Bass and Prudence doesn't like to ever be out of Kendal Jackson. When you (or anyone) stop, I'll share, as long as we agree to stop before the TRs go up in flames. The welding is done on my TR3. I'm just waiting for some warmer weather to start 'skim coating'.