• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

"If I had a million dollars......"

OP
S
Country flag
Re: "If I had a million dollars......"

Very different look to it in a dark color.....!

billspohn

Jedi Knight
Country flag

I like the 350 and 400s a lot, but the boat has long ago sailed on affordability.

I was lucky (or mentally damaged, depending on if you ask me or my wife) to be able to grab my Islero 400 GTS when I did. It has the larger 3.9 engine and an improved suspension, but is otherwise the same chassis as that 350.

The good thing is that they made so few of them, few people know about them and the prices didn't start to rise until after I got mine!

I have a reference for the flip up headlights over the 350/400 lights which remind me a bit of a startled frog....

iconjpg.jpg

Country flag

billspohn

Jedi Knight
Country flag

Besides, if I had money to burn, it would be this model I'd buy:

MIURA

DeltaAir423

Jedi Trainee

If I had a million dollars, and I wanted to go Italian, it would have to be the Maserati Bora.

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin

Funny. A similar question was asked on another site recently.

For me, I'd buy a Bugatti T35B so I could be the scourge of east-coast vintage racing :laugh:

(if $1,000,000 is even enough?)

bug-t35b.jpg

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin

Steve_S said:
No, it isn't enough. If it were, I'd own an Alfa 8C.

Sadly, you are probably correct.

Perhaps one of those Argentine-built <span style="font-style: italic">Pur-Sang </span>"perfect replicas"? They are so "correct" that many vintage clubs allow them to run.
(and fairly <span style="font-style: italic">cheap</span> at around $600K :laugh: )

At Lime Rock Vintage a few years ago, there were <span style="text-decoration: underline">eight</span> T35s in the paddock!
Several were far more tatty than my race-Spridget, which was somehow, very cool.
I guess <span style="font-style: italic">patina, scars</span>, whatever....

I'm looking at a nice model of the original 8C I keep on my desk as I type this.
Closest I'll ever get to one......

Steve_S

Yoda

I know a guy who owns two real 8Cs. Don't know him as well as I'd like to though. He races one of them locally.

TRMark

Jedi Knight
Bronze
Country flag

If I had a million dollars I would put a Ford engine in a 57 Chevy just to irritate the bow tie addicts around here.

I watched an ebay auction a few years ago that had a 350gt sell for about $15,000. The guy had spun out into a guard rail and smashed ther rear corner of the car pretty good, and broke the rear glass. Left it sitting outside like that for a little while (several months). I wanted to smack somebody.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag

$1M....

...I'd sell everything here and you'd hear rumors of some whack-job suddenly appearin' in th' Bahamas...

:devilgrin:

The Bugatti Veyron would look really nice parked outside the trailer. :wink:

toysrrus

Yoda

Hi Folks,

While we`re all writing our "X`mas" wish list; Here`s mine.

A "Ferrari California Syder" would be sitting under my tree.

Hey Santa; Did you get my letter?

Russ

PS: Reality; I still "LOVE" Jag E-Type Series I Roadsters.