• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

MGB-GT I want this 67 GT.

vping

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Even if the rockers and fenders are gone, as long as the cross members are not compromised, these are worth it to keep. I'll show you one I am going to fix later when I get home. Based on description, it is worse than yours, does not have an OD and I paid more. You should not cut it up.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Go back to the ad...1967 OD Transmission....$500

That's the hard to find early OD transmission with its even harder to find gear shift lever with its hard to find driveshaft with the unobtainable wiring & firewall OD bits along with the 'shepherd's crook' switch!

Screw everything else...

Build it if you want but you've got lots more than $500 in just the items I described above!

Why haven't you brought that puppy home yet?

Good thing I'm not near you!!!

vping

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Ditto. Here was my weekend find.

01-27-08-Jagmovingday008.jpg

OP
RickB

RickB

Yoda
Ok guys, right now I have this small window of opportunity and I have SWMBO saying we can't "afford it".

So I'm trying to get fancy with the "financing" of this purchase, something like... "I can sell off a bunch of these parts here and get enough to buy that car".

Which should be a good enough argument but, she comes back with: "Dear, it will be gone before you can sell all that junk".

Let alone that she is calling my treasures "junk", I suppose she has a point. Seeing the one you got Vince and hearing what Tony is saying loud and clear I really have got to get moving on the thing.

At the same time, I have to stay married too. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

I can try the angle of - "Dear this will give you something to drive when we go out on our MG club outings..."

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Explain to her the financial benefits of getting that sucker home before somebody else grabs it.....& @ $500, you can easily double your investment with just a few sales!

hide it at a friends house

vping

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
kennypinkerton said:
hide it at a friends house
I got an idea you can hide it here for awhile /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/devilgrin.gif

OP
RickB

RickB

Yoda
The car is easy to hide, the black hole in the bank account where the $500 used to be isn't.

She has heard the argument before Tony, the thing is this:

She knows I'm a sucker for a curvy little car. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/nopity.gif

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Well, she's just gotta go then! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/devilgrin.gif hehehe

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Ummm... I just *KNOW* you'll hate me for this, Rick, BUT: mebbe a 'suggestion' you'd sell Frank? That might get her attention as to how serious you are?

THEN sell off some of what she considers "junk" to offset the five bills...

OP
RickB

RickB

Yoda
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:] I just *KNOW* you'll hate me for this, Rick, BUT: mebbe a 'suggestion' you'd sell Frank? [/QUOTE]

hmmm... I don't know if she would take me seriously or not.
The plan has merit, but she just might call my bluff.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
GAH!! SHe's EEEeevile!! Tony's RIGHT! /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/jester.gif

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Rick,

Why not give him a deposit on it,& see if he''ll let
you pay it off before you move it.It's worth a try,it
worked for my Triumph Bonneville.

- Doug

OP
RickB

RickB

Yoda
AngliaGT said:
Rick,

Why not give him a deposit on it,& see if he''ll let
you pay it off before you move it.It's worth a try,it
worked for my Triumph Bonneville.

- Doug

Ahhh...

This is sounding good. You see as soon as the IRS direct deposit hits my bank account my "fund" gets refilled. I always do my taxes as soon as I get my form from work, so it's really just about 3 weeks from now.

If I can get the guy to hang onto it for just a little while then I'll be free & clear!

I think she's just a little steamed that I had to pay for the Alaska fishing trip (for my son & I in August) in advance.
Now bringing up the acquisition of another MG is kind of pushing her over the edge.

Strategy is key.

Bruce74B

Jedi Knight
Just tell her you need a little more excitment in your life right now and that $500 car is a whole lot cheaper than a new girlfriend...or a drug habit!

Oh but wait...there is a fishing addiction working into the equation here. Rut roh, that makes it a little more complicated, trying to serve two masters...and the mistress!

Oh...rent a trailer...they are so much nicer than a dolly! GOOD LUCK!

OP
RickB

RickB

Yoda
WooHoo - I got my W-2 today and went ahead and e-filed.
I'm getting a big fat refund - WooHoo!!

Now to somehow get the guy to hang onto the car for just a little longer...

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Snoqualmie Pass is where the avalanches are located,
I believe.The town of Snoqualmie is quite a few miles West of there.The Inn shown on the show "Twin Peaks" is just
North of there.
Hopefully he's not snowed in.

- Doug

OP
RickB

RickB

Yoda
All ok here, the pass is 25 miles up the road.
Lots of truckers stacking up rigs around here, but no immediate threats to health & safety.

Ha! Twin Peaks...
They filmed some ON my property.
Didn't ask, just set up & shot.

I have a personal opinion about those people. Can't say it here though.

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Rick,

Good to hear.I never watched more than 10-20 seconds of the show - waste of time.Although the Lodge & the Falls are
quite impressive.We would stop to take a break on our way up
to Snohomish.Nice drive up that valley.

- Doug