Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
Good catch. What'd you pay for it? (If I may ask) I watched a hardtop sell on ebay for $862 or so and it needed rebuilding, so considering that, excellent catch! I need to find something like this, how do you? People don't advertise this stuff do they?
Actually I paid 500 for the whole thing and the body has virtually NO rust!!!! Except for the custom wheelwells it is in really nice restorable shape.
Here is a shot of the hardtop on the Midget:
Well- I am sad to say that i just sold the Midget to a local guy. Hope that he enjoys it as much as I did!
I still have the '69 Sprite and the MGA so I am not out in the cold
BillM
Yep- "Orange Crate"
I never really wanted to sell it but needed the space for the MGA, never really thought that it would sell but it did.
I still have the Sprite and need to get it going now
Bill
Well I'll be darned. I didn't think I would be able someday to see the life of the "Orange Crate" from start to finish. As far as "BUG I" is concerned at the moment I think it only needs an oil change and filter.
By the way I entered BUG I in the National City Heritage Day Car Show which is on August 12. Since I paid the money i have discovered that I will be in Kauai, Hawaii on that date with my Daughter and two grandsons. We will be there for ten days saying goodbye and then they are moving to Berlin, Germany for hopefully only a few years.
Anyway, if you would like to take my place on that date with the MGA you will get a free T shirt and dash plaque and a refrigerator magnet.
I will tell you about the trip to Berlin the next time I see you.
No recent pictures of the '69 right now- since it was hit 8 years ago I haven't done much to it and it is half way in primer from the hit and half way in red. I might start working on it in July after the MGA GT-42 and MG 2017 (both this month)
Bill
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.