Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Hey Guest! British Car Forum has been supporting enthusiasts for over 25 years by providing a great place to share our love for British cars. You can support our efforts by upgrading your membership for less than the dues of most car clubs. There are some perks with a member upgrade!
**Upgrade Now** (PS: Upgraded members don't see this banner, nor will you see the Google ads that appear on the site.)
You just can't see it, it is hidden by wirebrushing and primer (remember that my comment is from a Southern Californian who has trashed Bugeye bodies for only having some rust bubbling behind the rear wheels- 30 years ago!!)
BillM
Wow Bill, you've been working!!
I remember that rust bucket from a little while ago when we last pulled my Midget's power plant... seems like only yesterday... :wink:
If anyone wants to maintain the illusion that it looks good then he needs to never stand any closer than 20 feet to the car!
At least it is getting closer to one color and is as sealed against wet weather as I can make it.
Hopefully I'll get to drive it this year.
Bill
I now have brakes!
The 3/4" dual master that came with the car was so totally hosed that I couldn't even get all of the pieces out of the bores so I rebuilt one of the 7/8" bore ones that came with my MGA(s).
I know that this isn't perfectly correct but it is what I used for years in old Sprites that I swapped for disk brakes and never let me down (more peddle pressure required but always worked).
Next is to put in the engine/trans and see if it will run (tomorrow I hope!)
It's not a "VAROOM" post, that happened about 2 weeks ago but today I drove the "Orange Crate" (my wife's name for the lovely beast) around the block a few times and all systems worked except for the brake lights (bad switch I am guessing).
The engine is a $125.00 junker from Craigslist that just had a stuck #3 exhaust valve (now fixed) and runs great with no visible smoke so far.
The tranny is the original that came with my '69 Sprite (it now has a Datsun).
I just recovered the seats yesterday with $25.00 worth of vinyl from JoAnn's fabric, it will only last a couple of years but it was fun to figure out how to do it (really easy!!).
I'll post some pictures that I took as soon as I can kick my daughter off of the other computer.
Bill
Bill: My wife and I got a kick out of your wife's sense of humor. "Orange Crate" Ha!! I get similiar humor here!! Bring her with to Midget 2011. Till then happy motoring in the "crate".
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.