• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

I am so smart

Morris

Yoda
I just mad a harness that allows me to connect my PDA to the MegaSquirt computer that runs my Midget. I can adjust spark timing and AFR with the touch of a button. And still (mostly) keep my eyes on the road. Cool, huh?

OP
Morris

Morris

Yoda
It's an Sony Clie SJ-33. I will try to get a pic tomorrow.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Hey Morris!!! Can you say: "OVERKILL!" ?!?!? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif

OP
Morris

Morris

Yoda
PDA.jpg

As promised, here is a pick of the PDA connected to the car. In this screen, I can tune the settings of a single cell in my Volumetric Efficiency (basically AFR) table. There are other screens that offer more and different info.

Zimmy, I bought mine assembled from eBay. I think it was about $275. They have gone up recently. Also, I made a few mods to mine once I got it. Boy my solders are ugly!

Doc, "over dill"... uh... "Dover Bill"... durnit! "Glover Gill" ... heck with this....

kcbugeye1275

Jedi Knight
Pride always comes before the fall. That being said, there is the envy issue. It look neat.

LeeMcKee

Jedi Hopeful
[ QUOTE ]
Pride always comes before the fall. That being said, there is the envy issue. It look neat.

[/ QUOTE ]

He will most likely be fine because LUCAS does not make PDA's
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif

Baz

Yoda
Country flag
I have to admit, I'm totally jealous. I have a palm zire71 and it's only good for playing solitaire, Morris can make his car sing!

OP
Morris

Morris

Yoda
Nah. I can't make my car sing. But I am getting close. I recently made some changes in my spark table and the car has been pulling much harder than before. It even pulled hard up a steep hill from a rolling stop, tonight. It nearly brought a tear to my eye.

I am currently baffled by poor MPG. 25 at best! And frequently lower.

But a zire71 is more than adequate to do the job should you ever get the desire to Megasquirt your car.

It's funny you mention Lucas, Lee. I had my first real Lucas moment tonight. I wired a lighter socket in my car ( I removed my radio console ages ago ) to power my Palm. The car charger I have has an LED to let you know it's working. Anyway, I switch on the headlights and the LED fades out. I cut them off and the LED fades up.

A mystery inside an enigma wrapped in a question mark.