• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

I already have two of these

sail

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
do i recall correctly that the plastic 6 fan will bolt right on a 4 and provide better cooling?

OP
PeterK

PeterK

Yoda
yep, but probably not better than this one. nfi it's not mine for sale.

Tropical fans were offered on the TR models to aid cooling in hot climates. I've got two on the shelf but haven't installed either yet though.

TR6BILL

Luke Skywalker
That is totally Cool (no pun intended)! If I had a fan, I would want this one! Unique, to say the least.

angelfj1

Yoda
Country flag
Peter: I wasn't aware that this fan was offered on the 4A, 250 or 6! I thought it was intended ONLY for the 2, 3 and 3A.
Can you confirm?

sail

Darth Vader
Silver
Country flag
what is cooler yet is i have the 6 blade like this and didn't even know it was tropical. didn't want plastic or to put any more on plastic anyway.

Got_All_4

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
TR2 and 3's had a 4 bladed metal fan. I have one of these on my TR3A at the suggestion Scott harper of Team Triumph. Mine came off a GT6 which I thought it was original equipment for them. It moves a lot of air and permanently fixed my overheating problems.

OP
PeterK

PeterK

Yoda
One of my books has it listed as optional on the TR4/4A. They're really nice quality fans too.