• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

HD6 CARBURATORS?????

BOBBYR

Jedi Trainee
Country flag
Hi Gang,
First of all, I hope you all had a great new years.Second is that I was sorry to hear of the passing of Dave Russel.He will be truly missed.
AS A present, I received a heritage certificate for my 65 A.H. 3000.Being a MK III, I was under the impression that they all came through production with HD8 carburators.My cert. has written that mine are HD6 carbs. Were there any MK IIIs that were produced with them?
As always, I appreciate your help and I hope you are all doing well.
Bobby R

healeynut

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Bobby -

There are lots of mistakes on the BMIHT certificates. Send it back and ask them to confirm the data. They will fix it.

SMP

Freshman Member
Bobby,
According to Anderson and Moment, HD8 carbs were used from October 1963 on. pp. 158 and 181. The verbiage on p. 158 is a bit confusing: "When the BJ7 Sports Convertible was introduced, its new 29F engine reverted to the dual carburetor setup with a single intake manifold but with the SS6 1.75-inch carburetors. That setup was retained on the 29K engines in the BJ8 Mark IIIs through the end of production, but with larger HD8 2-inch carburetors."

Stephen