• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Harvest Moon Beige

John Moore

Luke Skywalker
I've been thinking more and more about painting my bugeye Old English White when the time comes, that was it's original color. I really like that color with a red/white interior.

The other day, I was at a VW dealer and saw a new Beetle convertable painted Harvest Moon Beige. It was similar to OEW but much creamier. Has anyone else seen that color? What do you think of it? I know it's hard to tell color on a computer monitor but here's a sample I found online.

Attachments

• 11402.jpg
    11402.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 199
Country flag
I think that would look nice and appropriate for the period, yet it would help it stand out from the field of OEW Bugeyes.

For the first time in my life I'm considering going Red with a car. With a tan interior. I dunno, but I have a few years to figure it out/ change my mind.

OP
John Moore

John Moore

Luke Skywalker
Trevor Jessie said:
I think that would look nice and appropriate for the period, yet it would help it stand out from the field of OEW Bugeyes.

For the first time in my life I'm considering going Red with a car. With a tan interior. I dunno, but I have a few years to figure it out/ change my mind.

yep! I have quite sometime to figure this out too! But yeah, it does seem like many BE's are OEW. Just like MGB's are red. I sure do love the creamy look of that color. I also like the "New Mini" Pepper White.

Trevor, if your considering red, take a look at the "New Mini" Chili Red. That's the color I painted my MGB. It's a nice deep blood red without a hint of orange.

Country flag
I was thinking of something like Ferrari red only BOLDER. :wink:

Whitephrog

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
This appears to be close to Nevada Beige which was an original color BE color after Jan 1959. Beige cars had Cherry Red trim. Go for it!

OP
John Moore

John Moore

Luke Skywalker
Ray,

I've only seen a handful of photos of Nevada Beige, and it has a bit more grey. Kinda like the color of a file cabinet! lol! But I do like this color, and if it's close to Nevada Beige then good!

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
The '57 TR3 I had was originally beige - very similar to that one, so there were British cars running around at that time painted that color. Looks pretty good with dark red interior, IMO.

Mickey

Brian_C

John Moore said:
yep! I have quite sometime to figure this out too! But yeah, it does seem like many BE's are OEW. Just like MGB's are red. I sure do love the creamy look of that color. I also like the "New Mini" Pepper White.

Trevor, if your considering red, take a look at the "New Mini" Chili Red. That's the color I painted my MGB. It's a nice deep blood red without a hint of orange.

Do you have a pics? I'm probably going to go in that direction. Doing New Mini Chili Red with white racing stripes (also New Mini)

B

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
that is a lovely colour - my wife just told me here next VW will be that colour. While we are in that pallet, let me cast a vote for Bedouin. I've only ever seen one car that colour and it was a B. I am just entranced by it and I don't really know why

https://www.teglerizer.com/mgcolors/index.html

(scroll down)

OP
John Moore

John Moore

Luke Skywalker
Brian,

I'll try and find a photo small enough of my B I can post on this site.

JP, interesting one year color! I've seen Sandy Beige quite a few times, but not Bedouin. And yes, the Havest Moon beige is a great color when you see it in person. Very creamy.