• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

General MG GT vs Tourer

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Just one of my miscellaneous thoughts (they seem to happen more since I've retired!):

Filled up the tank of the GT Saturday and had several folks comment on it - "Nice car", etc. Got me to thinking. I think I get more such comments when I'm in the GT than in the Tourer. To me, the Tourer is a bit more striking - Black Tulip paint and tan leather interior, while the GT is white with dark red.

Wonder if it's because of the rarity of the GT over the Tourer or the design...

Whatever the case, I'm glad we have both models!

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
I think I've gotten about the same number of comments with either type -- though as both of mine are/were RHD that does stand out. :grin:

How's the GT/V6 running these days?

OP
Mickey Richaud

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
I think I've gotten about the same number of comments with either type -- though as both of mine are/were RHD that does stand out. :grin:

How's the GT/V6 running these days?

It's running great! I do have an annoying vibration in fifth gear that I'm tracking down, but otherwise it's a blast to drive. The V6 BELONGS there!

glemon

Yoda
Country flag
Years ago I had an MGB/GT, British Racing Green, 1967, it got a lot of attention, more sure than my MGB LE I had a few years ago, but the timeframe I owned them and years of the cars are so different I don't know if it is a fair comparison.

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
It's running great! I do have an annoying vibration in fifth gear that I'm tracking down, but otherwise it's a blast to drive. The V6 BELONGS there!

Mickey, Did you have the drive shaft and U joints checked for out of balance? I had that happen on my old Bronco and it was the driveshaft. PJ

OP
Mickey Richaud

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Mickey, Did you have the drive shaft and U joints checked for out of balance? I had that happen on my old Bronco and it was the driveshaft. PJ

Not yet - on my to-do list. However, I had the driveshaft made and balanced as it's a custom piece; GM at one end and MG at the other. (Hmmm... would that make it a palindrome? :confused:)

Anyway, I'm checking a couple other things first. Hopefully it's going to be something simple.

OP
Mickey Richaud

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
And it's specific to fifth gear only. No noise at same speed in fourth, so I'm pretty sure it's not the driveshaft.