• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Even Karmann couldn't grasp the wiper arm design

TR6oldtimer

Darth Vader
Stirkle said:
I noticed on these TR6 prototype photos from the 60's that the wiper arms are on the wrong sides. When I bought my car I stopped about 5 miles from the PO's house to put them right. It was hard to drive looking at them crossed through the windshield.

Original TR6 design photos

Actually the photos of the prototype show the wipers are correctly installed for a right hand steering car. Agree, they would be wrong for a left hand steering vehicle.

What is depressing is even on the the prototype, the body parts did not fit all that well.

TR6oldtimer

Darth Vader
Re: Even Karmann couldn't grasp the wiper arm desi

Hey, what the heck do I know? My car has not had wipers on for ten years. For that matter, the glass has been out of the windscreen for two years as has the windscreen been off the car and, I took no pictures. When the time comes to put it all back together, I will be just as confused then as now.

Should have stayed in bed. /bcforum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif