• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Dixon

Country flag
Dixon is this weekend. Anyone going? Should be in the 80's. And we are usually in the shade. Gonzo? Tracy? If you are there, Tracy, I'll pump you for trans rebuild info.

apbos

Jedi Knight
Country flag
I'll be there (with my TR chassis). This year, (sorry about posting this in an AH forum /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif) I've tried to get as many Triumph Roadsters (!946-1949) to the show as possible. As of the May 1st we have seven cars pre-reg for the event. With only seven, it will be the largest North American gathering of TR 2000 & TR 1800.

Paul

Jerry

Darth Vader
Gold
Country flag
Actually there are 197 cars pre-registered. The Triumph 1800 and 2000 both have their own class and deserve it. The Healeys did not pre-register in droves so the classes are a little different this year. We had enough for a 100 class but the rest will be split by years. It may not go over well but this way the roadsters and the convertibles will be separated. The weather may be great. Might only be highs in the 70s. Weather report at 5 days out says 30% or thunderstorms but they are not that accurate at this point.

We will have lots of swap coming and good auction items. The Healey Silverstone will be there also. It should be a good show.

Jerry /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/england.gif

bighly

Jedi Knight
[ QUOTE ]
Dixon is this weekend. Anyone going? Should be in the 80's. And we are usually in the shade. Gonzo? Tracy? If you are there, Tracy, I'll pump you for trans rebuild info.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'll be there. And hey if you want help I'll be happy to assist. Tracy

Jerry

Darth Vader
Gold
Country flag
Easiest way to help is to park the Healey row. Len Hartnet will be there also. My wife is going down to pick up the trophies today, they are beautiful! We took the logo for the show, and shirts, and put it on a plaque. Even the Trophy shop was impressed. I must admit that I am looking forward to those Bar B Que sandwitches also! I think the weather report is wrong, It will be a nice day in the 70s.

Jerry

OP
tahoe healey
Country flag
This sounds good to me. I checked and there are only 4 3000's entered. If you give a first, second and third place, I've got a chance!

OP
tahoe healey
Country flag
Well, darn! Rain showers now predicted Sunday in Dixon. Show goes on rain or shine but snow on the way home down to 5000 feet (in May?) and I live at 6300 feet. No chains on my Healey! I may be staying overnight.
Is everyone still going? Maybe I'll get first place by default. Hee,hee.

OP
tahoe healey
Country flag
For those who bailed (excuse the pun) Dixon was a blast. I made it down the mountain with little rain. The show was nostly dry. But the way back up to Tahoe was rather wet, no, it bloody dumped. Some guy was selling NOS wiper bades fortuitously and cheap. But the defroster sucks. Never used it before. Another project.
I met several NCF members and gave out many of the FCM cards. I'd guess ther were 175 cars, about 20 Big Healeys and maybe 10 little ones. Predicted rain made a big dent in the attendence.
Bighly and I got third place in our respective class.
Good food, good friends and great cars. The flea market seemed to be mosly MG and Jag stuff but fun.

OP
tahoe healey
Country flag
Defroster doesn't suck any more. It blows! The cable came off the little screw in the pull know. If it happens again what can be used to "glue" it in place?

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
The screw, lock tight.

OP
tahoe healey
Country flag
I was thinking more of something to put on the cable (solid wire)before inserting into the shaft then screw it also. Seems stupid to use a solid wire with the gyrations it must travel. Has anyone changed to a more flexable cable?