• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Dixon British Car Show

bugedd

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Just got back from the Dixon British show. Pretty good turnout, 7 bugeyes including mine, one very nice yellow one with a Moss supercharger. And a dark green one with paint that was near perfect. On the other end of the spectrum, a former leaf green, now primer, straight out of a barn. Nice people, good times, and I took home a piece of english walnut....
Dixon Trophy.jpgDixon show.jpgDixon.jpgDixon 2.jpg

59diamond

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Congratulations. Now you have to come down to San Diego British Car Day sometime in October and take on 60 FROG. We could park side by side.
Winning that award makes it all worthwhile. Congratulations again. I think you finally found the right car for you.

OP
bugedd

bugedd

Jedi Knight
Country flag
No no no, I know 60 Frog, just saw Scott today as a matter of fact. I was surprised to win, the green car had an immaculate paint job. I was actually in my car, engine running about to leave and listening to the winners when they announced I won.
I can't imagine driving down that far. The 2 hour drive to Dixon was about all my lower back could handle! Its great to have a car to take to events, the last car was roach and not trust worthy. Thank you John for the car!

smaceng

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Congratulations Edd,
It was great to see you and to see you FINALLY found a great BE!
It was a well attended show with many great cars!
Scott in CA

59diamond

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Well you will just have to scoop up all the awards in Northern California while I try to do the same in Southern California. If it wasn't for Scott and John we wouldn't be in the position we are in.
By the way Scott a few weeks ago my drive shaft came uncoupled from the differential and I had to be towed home. luckily it was only a mile and a half from home.
Bill M came to the rescue and came to the house and put it back together and everything is fine now. After he fixed it he left and I went for a test drive. Then
the throttle cable broke. This time I was only two blocks from home so I used the choke to limp back home. I went to a bicycle store and got a cable and Bill M came back to the house and installed the new cable and again I was good to go.
60 Frog has won two trophies out of three shows so far this year. The show where It didn't get a trophy was because I was in a class of cars from 1960 to 1976 and there must have been 150 cars in that class so the competition was fierce. Even though I didn't win anything I believe the general public that stopped by and asked questions really loved it.
So I go by the motto "STAY CALM AND CARRY ON"

AngliaGT

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
bugedd, I was there with our '67 MGB GT.Sorry I missed meeting up withother members of this forum,but have no way of knowing who they were. We'll be having our "Marina Car Show" here in Eureka,at the Woodley-Island Marina,on June 13th - ONLY $10 to enter,& we'll give you a free lunch! - Doug

OP
bugedd

bugedd

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Bummer! Too bad the show isn't on a Sunday, I'm stuck working Saturdays :(