• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Craig K. Anderson

68_sprite

Jedi Hopeful
Craig passed away on Tuesday the 19th after a long battle with cancer. He was active with Healeys for many years, participating in the national conclaves, local clubs and autocrossing.

You might have read one of his "From the Back of the Garage" stories in a Healey or other vintage car magazine. Maybe you met him with his big red 100-4, complete with a superman logo and his favorite number 23 at one of the British car events.

Although he did not post a lot here (HandyAndy) he was a great help to a lot of people in the Washington state area with their Healey problems, both Big and Little Healeys.

He will be missed.

Attachments

• 19855.jpg
    19855.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 392

dougie

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
I'm sorry to hear of Craig's passing. He was definitely one of the good ones. I remember when I first met him 25+ years ago at the Portland ABFM auto-crossing his "mod sport" 100-4. This was before I even owned a Healey and Craig took the time to show me around his car and answer all questions. Years later I watched him make sure every kid got a photo op behind the wheel of his car while on display at the Oceanside, WA West Coast Meet. I really enjoyed the articles he wrote for the AH Club USA Newsletter, he had a style that made me feel he was just talking right to me. He will be sorely missed, but not forgotten.

Dougie

hama61

Jedi Hopeful
Country flag
With sadness I have read the post, that Craig has passed away after a long battle.

When I think about Craig a few things are coming to my mind. I will remember Craig as the person who offered 5 years ago looking at a 100-6 I wanted to buy
allthough I was on the other side of the Atlantic. I remember Craig as I was confused by his familyname and the fact he was an editor. I thought he was the co-writer of the restoration guide. I will remenber Craig as a person who had given me lots of friendly advice. I will remember Craig when he asked my address and two weeks later a Haynes owners workshop manuel felt on the door step, which I still use.

Harry

Legal Bill

Jedi Knight
Country flag
I never met the man, but read his words and enjoyed the photos of his car. The Superman S... How perfect! Why didn't I think of that? My condolences to his family and friends. Rest in peace, Craig.

Hiroshi Takemori

Freshman Member
Country flag
What a sad news to loose the old good friend.
I first saw Craig at Kansas City on 1992. And I saw him again 5 years later at Park city Uta.We had been exchanging letters/e-mail.we were talking about a tour to join the Conclave 2006 from Seatle to Ohio in his big 4WD with super 100/4. He kindly invited me to go with him. Unfotunately,it did not come true because of my new work. And I had been looking forward to have the next chance to make a big tour with him.
I love to read his stories with his Healeys in Healey Marque. I miss him very much.
I hope Craig rest in peace.

Hiroshi

HEALEYJAG

Jedi Warrior
One of the original old healey guys..first met him in the mid80,s at varios conclaves..Super guy!

Pete

Basil

Administrator
Boss
I didn't know him, but sounds like he was a very important guy in teh Healay world. Very sorry to hear of this loss. May he rest in peace.

Basil

B

BUNDYRUM

Hello all, re- Craig K Anderson.

Very sorry to hear of his passing, he will be sorely missed.

I made time on a couple of visits to Seattle area to look him up and spend some time. He was as interested in my BN1 as I was of his and asked me as many questions as I did of him.

He was one of those people you just felt you had known all your life even though you only just met.

A great loss.

Best regards,

bundyrum.

Editor_Reid

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
Craig's passing was not a shock since he had cancer and the end was clearly coming for a long time, but it is no less sad because of the warning.

I first met Craig in 1971. He was working behind the parts counter at an Alfa Romeo dealer in Portland, Oregon. I was chasing Alfa parts at the time, but I still remember the sign on the wall that read, "Austin-Healey Spoken Here."

We shared a lot of laughs since then. The loss is hard to take.