• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Citroen's

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
I have a massive soft spot for Citroen's (yes, I know and every other quirky car on the planet - it actually is a really good thing I am not rich - but I digress)

My first car was a DS, my dad had a Traction Avant. (My dad always wanted a die cast Traction Avant model - I found him one two weeks before he died - it is on my shelf now) So, lots of memories.

The other night my friend and fellow board member Abarth69 told me about the Citroen club meeting at High Park which is pretty close to the house. (Abarth69 has a Maserati Khamsin which is apparently some kind of Deux Chevaux sourced kit car - but again I digress)

Got there for the walk around - and a nicer group of individuals you could not meet. Two offers to sit in cars (the memories, oh my goodness I had forgetten what they felt like) I watched another guy with a 2CV giving a young couple a ride - and no pretentiousness at all (friendlier than some of the British Gatherings I have been to if I'm honest)

Anyways, pictures, not great pictures but pictures:

this one was stunning - never seen one in the flesh before.

Actually followed this one into the park - they don't really drive, they more waft

Had a nice chat with the guy who owns this - was looking at his brag book and man was this car a wreck when he started! He also owns a RHD Avant made in Slough which he drive to the bigger British shows.

all in all a great evening.

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
The French sure have a particular way of styling, don't they.

Had I money, space, and time I'd love to add a 2CV to the fleet. Luckily I'm out of all three...

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold

Had I money, space, and time I'd love to add a 2CV to the fleet. Luckily I'm out of all three...

I think describes many of us! (But one can always dream ... the DS is high on my list.)

abarth69

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
Kit Car ? It's got Green Blood best of both worlds Italian and French and a little Lucas just to add to the mix

Cheers

Mark

Attachments

• 100_2888 (Medium).JPG
    100_2888 (Medium).JPG
    180.7 KB · Views: 66
OP
JPSmit

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
And German, don't forget German, it has a VW 1600 engine doesn't it?

OP
JPSmit

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Fun. Thanks

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Of all the cars I've ever ridden in and I've been in a few in my 70+ years, the Citroen DS was the smoothest and quietest ride of any car I've ever been in! It was like floating on a cloud. Ok, the car had some slightly odd looking features, but it was quite impressive at the time. The car lowered when stopped for a more easy access and departure, especially for the ladies and rose up before driving off. To restore the suspension would probably be astronomical in cost because of it's complexity. Don't know what they cost new, but I know compared to most average cars, they were pretty expensive. PJ

Steve

Staff member
Platinum
Country flag
You are not alone in your Citroen affliction, JP. I had several in the UK and I love 'em! There is a Citroens of Chicago group so I'm keeping an eye open for any events they might be holding. Looks like you had a good time.....

unicornbc

Freshman Member
Hi,
Liked your post...I have a 1949 Traction (Light 15) that was built in Slough and shipped to Hong Kong..then New Zealand in 1964, and then Oregon in 1977. I have it almost restored...just need new Black paint ! There were 50 French cars at the Summer FR/IT car show here last Summer in North Vancouver, including 4 Traction Avants !
Cheers, Mike

PAUL161

Great Pumpkin
Silver
Country flag
Helen Mirren, She's a real looker for 70 years old! Not knowing, I would have guessed her to be much younger. :love_heart: PJ

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
"The Hundred Foot Journey" was a good movie, I saw awhile back and would recommend it.