• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

1960 AH Sprite

OP
jlaird

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Its black?

pdplot

Yoda
Country flag
Same website had an Aston Martin 2005 DB9 for $6,500.00. Porsches for $4,200.00. Other prices/cars "too good to be true". I hope we're wrong.

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Same website had an Aston Martin 2005 DB9 for $6,500.00. Porsches for $4,200.00. Other prices/cars "too good to be true". I hope we're wrong.

Saw the same thing at that Hot Muscle Car site (I think it was called). Then, one sees very rough Bugeyes in need of serious restoration on eBay for $5K.
Shipping can then easily run $800-1,500 depending.

OP
jlaird

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Saw that Rut but I expect that is different listing media at different times.

OP
jlaird

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
I was notified just a bit ago that the new Miss Agatha left the Chicago warehouse. Left the Chicago warehouse, in Moving I am still holding my breath but all seems well at this point.
Did not receive a delivery date but will. Chicago about two days away without other pickups or deliveries' in route.

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Got my fingers crossed too. The broker you mention "seems" to have a good reputation.
I just don't understand the seller. Normally, enclosed shipping to your location from Chicago would surely be upwards of $1,000 so I can't get over the fact that that would put the car at $3400 (and why would anyone sell it for that given they could get 3 times that on eBay or equivalent?).
Still, continued communication is good.
Guess you'll know shortly.

Last edited:
OP
jlaird

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
This broker offers free shipping for purchases over 1000$

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
This broker offers free shipping for purchases over 1000$

That, too, is a amazing. It would imply that a $1001 car might be shipped for free (hardly worth the effort or expense). I shipped a car from LA to Portland (right up the west-coast) in an enclosed transporter for $900 about 10 years ago, and that was a good deal at the time.

Thanks for the update.

OP
jlaird

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Left the Chicago warehouse, in Moving

I wonder if that means
Left the Chicago warehouse, in Moving Van

and did not fit in the block for the info

NutmegCT

Great Pumpkin
Gold

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Jack - the car is still advertised for sale on the HotMuscleCars site. Says it's located in Dallas Texas.

https://www.hotmusclecars.com/listings.php?page=1&category=2&qs_keyword=sprite&search_id=60258

Wonder why it's being shipped from Chicago?

Tom M.

... and Arizona, and South Carolina, and Virginia, and Georgia, and Indiana, and Kansas... and... all still listed in these locations!

It's also still posted here: http://davidsclassiccars.com/austin...or-frogeye-sprite-fully-restored-amazing.html (as well as many other sites where the description is nearly word-for-word... sometimes with a black, sometimes with a Iris blue car in the ad).

OP
jlaird

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Boy you guys good, glad I am not trying to hide something. you see I don't know how long this has been for sale. Maybe just maybe the owner started selling the car awhile back and from time to time relisted it with other agencies while keeping it in his garage. Then maybe he made a deal with ecars to swap with some cash for something more expensive.

Now just assume the car has been in the home office warehouse for a year or so. And this ecar company decided they could not afford to keep this car in valuable space any longer as it was costing more to keep than sell cheep.

Then I see it and know what it is worth snap it up. Every one happy. ecars has got a non earner off the books and maybe is willing to take a tax loss as well just to make the expensive storage space available with no great loss to ecars it seems like world wide they move 1200 or so vehicles a year. or was it month? They also move anything else that needs a home including material and business closing and selling out.

Mean while here I am :smile:

I just bet the story is something like that.

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Again, hope you're right. Still, even a savvy dealer would know that it would be a no-brainer to sell it on eBay for $12,000 and it would likely be snapped up in a second at that price. I'm mostly puzzled by the use of the same ad copy for a blue Bugeye (though I suppose people will borrow ad copy from time to time). Deduct shipping and they are either taking a huge bath or they got this restored car for, say, $3,000!

OP
jlaird

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
But you see this is a big outfit and an ebay sale is small potatoes. They have a system and stick to it.

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Dealers large and small use eBay all the time.

OP
jlaird

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Just depends how much time you need to spend for your money. Shoot they got 7 or 8 warehouses. Just think about running expense not to mention a profit. Got to move that stuff the bills are due.

Boink

Yoda
Bronze
Country flag
Just depends how much time you need to spend for your money. Shoot they got 7 or 8 warehouses. Just think about running expense not to mention a profit. Got to move that stuff the bills are due.

Best of luck. Keep us all updated. Could be the deal of the century. :eek:

Last edited: