• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

1936 MG SA

twpruett

Freshman Member
Any advice, warnings, pricing, ect. before I purchase. Car has been in storage for 22 years, that's about all I know since I have yet to inspect it, but it has been represented to be complete and in good condition except for the differential which needs replacing. Thanks, Tom

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Lots % lots of $$$$$$$$$'s needed to refurbish! Great car though!

Mark Beiser

Jedi Warrior
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by tony barnhill:
Lots % lots of $$$$$$$$$'s needed to refurbish! Great car though!<hr></blockquote>

Depends on how complete the car is, and how much he can do himself. =)

Guy I did some work for here in Texas a few years ago had a multiple Concourse winning MG P type that he got as a hulk. I think it took him about 7 years, and tracking down 2 parts cars to finish. The "parts cars" looked like they had fed several generations of a family of rust worms for 40+ years.
shocked.gif

I believe he had less than $20k in it when he finished. Its now worth several times more than his house. I doubt the guy had an income >$30k a year at the time, has an MGA and had 2 kids at the time.

Havn't seen him in around 10 years, so no idea if he still has the car.

OP
T

twpruett

Freshman Member
Thanks for taking the time to respond. Do you know if any SA's reside in Texas? I saw one at the "Wheels & Keels" Show in Seabrook a couple of years ago, but have seen no others. Tom

Mark Beiser

Jedi Warrior
Got your email and responded to it. I really don't know anything about the SA at all, or any pre war cars. Just that due to WW2, the equipment for making the parts hasn't existed for >60 years. Thats why its so important that the car is complete.

The guy with the P type I was talking about started with a complete car and got 2 parts cars for free. The twisted hulks of rust that were the "parts cars" were barely recognizable as ever having been cars though.
shocked.gif