• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

How to find out parts quality of GB supplier

germanmichel

Jedi Hopeful
Hello all,

I don`know it is according to the board rules, if not please erase this post.
Ok, you can find it out if you order blind many parts and you can get angry... :smile:
I ask this question because it is for me approx. 35% cheaper to buy parts in GB.
But I did not know how is the quality of the parts. If I buy from my local supplier, I know he select between different manufacturer and give me the chance to choose parts between different quality levels.
Now i ask directly: I would like to order a couple of parts from AH Spares in GB. Did they have quality parts ? For example: If I order a caliper seal kit . If there are from the manufacturer TRW , I know I get quality parts. If I get some no name asia parts, I have a problem to hang my existence on it . On the website you can`t find a detailed describtion.

Someone who has good experience with GB suppliers ?

Thanks michel-who like to save money, but not on the hard way...

DirkRoels

Freshman Member
Hi Michael,
I'm already quite some time customer at AH spares, and they never let me down.I ordered both technical items such as calipers, brake pistons, exhaust etc.. and also upholstery parts like carpets, seat covers...
Quality was always impecable.
One time I ordered the wrong parts and they accepted to exchange it without any hasle. Super service.
Not a big company, but thrustwordy and cheaper than Limora (even when GBP was still high)
Regards

Dirk

Jerry

Darth Vader
Gold
Country flag
I buy from AH Spares also. No problems. I think most of MOSS chrome parts have an AH spares label on them and they are cheaper to buy from England right now.

Jerry
BJ8

OP
germanmichel

germanmichel

Jedi Hopeful
Hello,
thank you for your opinion and sharing experience. More opinions are welcome.

Bye Michel-who ordered currently Kilmartin parts with very high shipment costs (AU to Europe) 225 Euros...+ Tax on top on the total value and on the shipment costs..

adamb

Michael
Problem with shipping from AUS to Europe is dependant on how quick you need the parts
You can get the bits cheaper but it takes longer
By the way Kilmartin are the best in my experiance the parts fit which you do not often get from others
Adamb

OP
germanmichel

germanmichel

Jedi Hopeful
Hello Adam,
Adam I agree with you , the Kilmartin parts are the best what I`have seen. The part prices are absolutely ok, only the shipping costs was expensive ( you know I can`t wait 3 months by sea...). I did not want to start a discussion about Kilmartin quality. This parts are excellent. For me it is cheaper to order the Kilmartin sheet metal parts at ATB Classic Restorations in GB if they have the parts on stock. ATB is very helpfull and trustfully supplier. Every time per mail reachabel.

For me it is interesting which supplier of <span style="font-weight: bold">other </span>parts in GB deliver quality parts.( for example safety parts for brakes)

Bye Michel

Country flag
I've used AH Spares a lot in the UK and have been very happy with their service.

Other suppliers are Cape International and for performance parts Denis Welch. I've been happy with what I bought from them both, though it's only a couple of things from Cape.

andrea

Jedi Knight
Country flag
I am very satisfied by AH spares for quality and also for the very fast transport system to Italy-
fast and not expensive- my last order was for the wind glass and the rear Hard top screen +a lot of pieces

OP
germanmichel

germanmichel

Jedi Hopeful
Hello,

thank you all for responding. It sounds good. The reason why I`m ask so explicit about quality is, because I`ve different experiences with tr3 parts from england supplier and asia manufacturer...simply I would say this was "BS" (I cant write this word full here... :pukeface:

And now the extrem other side of quality. I told I get Kilmartin parts. The delivered front crossmember has in the inside a stiffener, to eliminate dents in future in the middle from a car jack... :winner1: Kilmartin and I.

Bye Michel who will try to order parts at AH Spares