• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

The "C-word"

SaxMan

Darth Vader
Country flag
Well, it happened again.

After digging out of our biggest snow of the season (just under a foot), I shuffled the cars around the driveway and fired up Baby Blue just to get the motor turning and fluids circulating. After letting the car run for a bit, I put it back in the garage. One of my other neighbors who was digging out saw the car and asked me about it. I explained it was an Austin-Healey Sprite, to which she replied:

"Oh it is so CUTE!"

My neighbor is a nice older lady, so I didn't want to take her to task, so I held my tongue. Let's get one thing clear: Spridgets are not CUTE. They are an extraordinary piece of British engineering. Where else could you have so much fun with 78 cubic inches of motor and 65 horsepower (when it was new...who know what Baby Blue puts out these days)? And this car had features in 1969 that wouldn't show up on American cars until later: Rack and Pinion steering, front disc brakes, four speed transmission, high-back bucket seats...all crammed into a nice and tidy package

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Adorably cute!

Country flag
Cute and fun!

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
I've got no problem with our cars being called "cute." They are not toys (so no carlashes or wind up keys please) but they are cute. I'm okay with that.

OP
S

SaxMan

Darth Vader
Country flag
No-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o!!!!! :pukeface:

The "cute" virus has infected all of you. I'm surrounded by The Walking Cuties

Miatas are "cute". LBCs are remarkable examples of British Engineering. Please say that over and over again. It's the only way to break the virus on our cute cars.

Oh no! I just said it! I'm infected, now too. :hopelessness:

HealeyRick

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
How can you say that's not cute:

austin.jpg

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
I need to find one of those cooke jars some day.

anarchy99

Jedi Warrior
Country flag
I had a old drunk guy call the car cute, with a blower out of the hood... I asked if he was a chic, he got ****** and said I didn't have a sense of humor... Then I found 20 bucks in my pocket... Winning

ABfish

Country flag
I was at the sandwich shop yesterday with my '73 Midget when a couple of teenagers pulled up. The Midget is lowered, blown, aftermarket wheels, loud exhaust.

The kid says, "Dude, I love that car. I'd like to own one!"

If a teenage boy likes it, it is not cute! It's mean and macho.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it......

Gundy

Luke Skywalker
I need to find one of those cooke jars some day.

If I ever sell my Frogeye, Drew has first dibs on my cookie jar. I had two at one time but the market prices
lured me into selling one.
:cool-new:

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
If I ever sell my Frogeye, Drew has first dibs on my cookie jar. I had two at one time but the market prices
lured me into selling one.

Thanks! Hope that's a long time from now for your sake.

I've been trying to gather up every bit of Bugeye ephemera/ads/trinkets I can find. One of these days I'll post up pics of all the ads I've collected. So far I've been able to find all of the magazine ads (for Bugeyes) that I know were done. Cheap to collect and very neat.

Ran across these on eBay and couldn't resist. They're drawer pulls. Will have to paint them some day in period correct colors but they are, well, cute. :devilgrin:

minibugfleet.jpg

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
Well they certainly are cute enough to draw on your drawers err heartstrings :emmersed:

Gundy

Luke Skywalker
Thanks! Hope that's a long time from now for your sake.

I've been trying to gather up every bit of Bugeye ephemera/ads/trinkets I can find. One of these days I'll post up pics of all the ads I've collected. So far I've been able to find all of the magazine ads (for Bugeyes) that I know were done. Cheap to collect and very neat.

Ran across these on eBay and couldn't resist. They're drawer pulls. Will have to paint them some day in period correct colors but they are, well, cute. :devilgrin:

minibugfleet.jpg

I have two of those in yellow. ;-)

On the whole "cute" comments: I have grown tired of those comments, especially considering the modified status of
my Frogeye. Hence this spring it is getting some racing stripes.:cool-new:

JPSmit

Staff member
Silver
Country flag
I have two of those in yellow. ;-)

On the whole "cute" comments: I have grown tired of those comments, especially considering the modified status of
my Frogeye. Hence this spring it is getting some racing stripes.:cool-new:

Racing Stripes! How cute. :jester: