• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Velocity Stacks

BIBBER

Jedi Knight
Bought a used pair of SU velocity stacks for my 62 AH Sprite..Years ago I had seen some nifty filters that just popped over the bellow....Rubber rim with a wire mesh center in the ring backed with foam....anybody out there
ever seen something similar...may even be an item found in a motorcycle shop if the diameters matches up....THANKS

Country flag
Long-flo?

healeyboz

Jedi Knight
I saw that Vizard was talking about K&N filters and looked. Does anyone have recent part numbers or anything? I searched their site and guess I don't know what to exactly look for.

Most people running bell-shaped velocity stacks use foam filters. GO to motorcylce shop and look for the brand name Uni Filter, lok at the catolag and you should be able to find waht you are looking for. Here's the Huffaker MGB with it's sock foam filters over velocity stacks on it's huger 2" SU carbs. The secon picture is of "Speedracer" a SCCA limited prep 1275 SCCA racer, it has HS2 carbs.

Attachments

• 4704-huffbenginedsII.JPG
    4704-huffbenginedsII.JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 101
  • 4705-100-0008_IMG-2.JPG
    4705-100-0008_IMG-2.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 110

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
I've been using UniFilter units on Webers and SU's for years. Only caution is: as they age the foam can deteriorate. If you keep an eye on 'em and replace 'em when they show first signs of "crumble" they're great. Wash easily with soap 'n water, too.