• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

HS1 Velocity stacks/Ram Pipes

apbos

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Merry Christmas & Happy Hanukkah Guy's!
My Christmas present to my self was this nice period Downton manifold (thanks BillM). I have rebuild my 948 and my HS1 carbs and would will run an aftermarket header on the car. I think they would look great with a set of velocity stacks/ram pipes, but can not find them anywhere. I have a set of HS2's that would need to be rebuilt and I could get a set of stacks from Hap or on the Net. Does anyone know where I can find HS1 pipes or should I go on and rebuild the HS2's and will they work with a stock 948?

6571642285_fca8bb6f96_z.jpg

2360364526_39463c5cd5_z.jpg

Paul

Billm

Yoda
Country flag
Paul
I don't think that the HS2's will fit on the Downton (or any H1 manifold)
Bill

OP
apbos

apbos

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Bill
I figured I could not use the HS2's wth the Downton, but if it was worth the added performance using the HS2's I might use them. They were on the car when I got it but with some funny mods ( i'll see if I can find a picture).
Ray
If I do not use them they will be yours. I did some reading and they were a performance upgrade for the HS1 during the period.
Donn
I saw Hap's ram pipes and was wondering if they would work with the HS1. I doupt it an I figure there is no demand for performace parts for the 948, as everyone is replacei g them with 1275's.
Paul

OP
apbos

apbos

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Found them
2147576789_f8b98cbb37.jpg

The manifold is a rare "1/2arse" only built in California in the late 60's. It problably caused this B/E to die an early death. I was suprised it did not have any fiberglass on it. Like the gas tank and the A posts :pukeface:

Paul

RickB

Yoda
The coolest thing in the world to me is on the HS4's & HIF4's where you take the radius stack off the stock intake filter set and counter sink the screw holes and mount them directly to the carbs then fit a pair of K&N filters.
Wish there was something like that for the HS2's.
Special built from Hap are the best choice IMHO.