• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR2/3/3A TR3A WIRING HARNESS DEALERS ????

bluemiata90

Jedi Trainee
I've been doing searches on where I can find a dealer or manufactorer of a aftermarket wiring harnesses for a 1961 TR3A. I do not need or want cloth or original equipment, just a new and reliable harness that will install without major problems at a resonable price (which I'm hoping will be around $300) Does anyone have any recommendations on a good company with fair prices. I do remember that there used to be one in Ill., but it appears that it either sold the company or went out of business, cause I can't find them on the net. Any ideas????

martx-5

Yoda
Country flag
You might want to give British Wiring a call. They have a good reputation for making quality harnesses. I don't know what kind of prices they charge.

TR4nut

Yoda
Country flag
You should have no trouble at that price - about 6 months ago I purchased a stock vinyl clad harness for a post-60k TR3A from Rimmer Brothers for about $160 delivered. Not installed yet, but looks sound.

Here are a couple of UK vendors who can customize if you desire:
The Wiring Harness Co and Autosparks
with the current exhcange rate they may be good options.

Also, on this side, for completely custom work, don't forget Advance Auto-wire

Randy

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
Speaking of AAW, has the new owner started filling new orders again?

Don Elliott

Obi Wan
At two different times for two different TR3As, I sent the cable harness to Rhode Island Wiring and they re-covered the original bare harness with a new cotton covering. They both came back looking like new. Could be cheaper, depending on the state of your existing wires. If a few of the wires where it gets really hot have the vinyl cracked or brittle, they will put in new wires for you with the correct colour.

https://www.riwire.com/

tinman58

Jedi Knight
Silver
Country flag
I have a new wiring harness left over from a previous restore that was not completed. P.M. me and so we can make a deal.
Dan

BobbyD

Jedi Knight
TR3driver said:
Speaking of AAW, has the new owner started filling new orders again?

Randall....Steve Carrick is the new owner and he has been filling orders. He's posted a few times in 6-Pack that his goal is to get all back orders filled in June. He's committed to fulfilling all the orders that were placed and paid for before Mike Master's death. However.....anyone thinking of an AAW harness should call and check on delivery dates.

angelfj1

Yoda
Country flag
I will 2nd that. All harnesses made in England by a company who originally supplied TR, MG, etc, etc. Jason also has lot's of bits and pieces, e.g. cloth coverd and pvc wire (Lucas colour code) by the meter, bullet terminals, original style battery terminals too. Everything to correct original specification and not produced in far off lands by unknown parties.

TR3driver

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
BobbyD said:
He's committed to fulfilling all the orders that were placed and paid for before
Thanks for the info, Bob, but that wasn't quite the question. I'm not trying to question Steve's committment, just wondering if he has passed the milestone of fulfilling those existing orders, and getting started on new ones. Sometimes things don't work out like we plan.

CraigLandrum

Jedi Hopeful
As my son said, we got ours from Moss - they offer cloth wrapped and vinyl wrapped and we got the cheapest. Color coding on the wiring matched published diagrams available on the web and we had no problems with it ( our interpretation of the schematics left something to be desired though :smile: