• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

The Prince of Darkness...

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag
...bit me right in the butt. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Seems tonight is our MG Club's "Lucas Night Rally." Was a glorious day here in STL for December, 60 degrees, so I took The B out for a couple hours.

Seems I didn't make the rally tonight.

I have NO tail lights or brake lights.

How fitting? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Will be a great story at the meeting next week though. "Gee guys, sorry I couldn't make the Lucas rally. Didn't have any LIGHTS."

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

OP
jaybird

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag
In honor of the Prince:

The Lucas motto: "Get home before dark."

Lucas denies having invented darkness. But they still claim "sudden, unexpected darkness."

Lucas--inventor of the first intermittent wiper.

Lucas--inventor of the self-dimming headlamp.

The three-position Lucas switch--DIM, FLICKER and OFF. The other three switch settings--SMOKE, SMOLDER and IGNITE.

The original anti-theft devices--Lucas Electric products.

"I've had a Lucas pacemaker for years and have never experienced any prob...

If Lucas made guns, wars wouldn't start either.

Did you hear about the Lucas powered torpedo? It sank.

It's not true that Lucas, in 1947, tried to get Parliament to repeal Ohm's Law. They withdrew their efforts when they met too much resistance.

Did you hear the one about the guy that peeked into a Land Rover and asked the owner "How can you tell one switch from another at night, since they all look the same?" "He replied, it doesn't matter which one you use, nothing happens!"

Back in the '70s Lucas decided to diversify its product line and began manufacturing vacuum cleaners. It was the only product they offered which didn't suck.

Quality Assurance phoned and advised the Engineering guy that they had trouble with his design shorting out. So he made the wires longer.

Why do the English drink warm beer? Lucas makes the refrigerators.

Alexander Graham Bell invented the Telephone.
Thomas Edison invented the Light Bulb.
Joseph Lucas invented the Short Circuit.

Recommended procedure before taking on a repair of Lucas equipment: check the position of the stars, kill a chicken and walk three times sunwise around your car chanting: "Oh mighty Prince of Darkness protect your unworthy servant."

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif

R6MGS

Yoda
LMAO....

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
LMAO....

[/ QUOTE ]

ME TOO---Keoke

A

Americanshine

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gifIt seems that just after I finally stopped laughing, we blew a circut in the house. I wonder if the Prince of Darkness is around here in my house. Couldn't be since Erin from the exorcist lives her and she is only 13 yrs old, and my daughters head spins every now & then. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif

piman

Darth Vader
Hello Jaybird,

I have just finished re-reading Geoffrey Healey's book, "Healey The Specials" (ISBN 0 85614 0627 He was chief engineer of the Healey Motor Company best known for the Austin Healey sports cars, you may have heard of them?)

I quote

"Lucas components are remarkably reliable and when they are responsible for wiring a vehicle, they leave nothing to chance. They are often unjustly blamed for component failures which, in 99 per cent of cases, are caused solely by faulty wiring by some ignorant yob."

While I am on my soapbox, there is a reason for drinking beer at cellar temperature and that is flavour. If I had to drink bland fizzy sterilised beer I probably would need to resort to over cooling it.

Have a nice day.

Alec

OP
jaybird

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
Hello Jaybird,

I have just finished re-reading Geoffrey Healey's book, "Healey The Specials" (ISBN 0 85614 0627 He was chief engineer of the Healey Motor Company best known for the Austin Healey sports cars, you may have heard of them?)

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course I have heard of AH! My brother-in-law has a very nice '63 bugeye and I purchased my B from a gentleman on here who has a 'to die for' 3000. If I hadn't had this love affair with MGB's since I was 15 years old, I would have probably opted for an AH. But alas, first love... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I have the MGB I wanted when everyone else was driving goats and 'cudas and Camaros!

As far as beer goes, your ale in GB is quite different than the watered down American version of beer, lagers, i.e., Bud Light.

Real ales, bitters. Bass? Can buy that here, but then there's Goddards and Watneys and Whitbread. Thomas Hardy Ale? Chiswick? Gales? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

And yes, I know cellar temp isn't 'warm.' A common misconception that you people across the big pond drink your beer warm. Cellar temp is just slightly cool. I actually know people here that put their beer in a pilsner...on ICE to drink it! Perhaps they're the wise ones? The ice numbs their taste buds!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

That good sir, is why this girl doesn't drink beer when she drinks!