• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

About the Prince of Darkness...

ooman

Freshman Member
I think this is my first post on this forum, so Hi Everyone! When I have a few moments I'll post a proper intro.

Here's my current concern. I have a '67 3000, it's in pretty good road condition, but far from concourse. How far? Well it has a Toyota truck tranny. I have nothing against concourse - in fact I love 'em, but for me, for this car, at this time, it's not my main concern.

I haven't really had it running much for a few years now - other priorities and stuff got in the way. I also made the mistake of starting a fix on it, and then starting another before finishing the previous fix(s).

Right now it's minus it's windscreen frame and it's dash. I took out the dash to re-veneer the wood and re-wire a gauge or two. Well in looking at the wiring I think it's probably best to re-do the entire harness. I've been having a few Lucas probs, so might as well tackle the beast while the dash is open.

I've been researching my options and came across BritishMcce. They have wiring for several Brit models, although not for the Big Healey. However they say they'll whip up a kit for me and work with me to get it right. I really like the fact that they add several relays and fuses to the system. Pus they seem to use top grade wire and parts. The price is about the same as a original type wire harness. The downside is that the wiring runs aren't wrapped like factory. But again, my goal is dependability.

Anyone have any experience with this firm or their system?

Any other points I should consider?

Thanks!

BTW I'm in SoCal - Los Feliz between Hollywood & Glendale. I see a nice Green Brute every now and then - is that you?

And is there anyone nearby who has a MK 3000 I can look at so I can see how to get my windscreen back on correctly?

Looking forward to getting back on the road, hopefully in time for San Diego!

Here's a pic of the Beast:

6tfxit1.jpg

AUSMHLY

Obi Wan
Country flag
Hello ooman and welcome to BCF.
Very nice "Beast"!
I live up in NorCal. Maybe I can help? What are your questions about the windshield?

Assuming you have the windshield together including the bottom rubber, there are 4 bolts on each side of the posts and another single bolt into the center of the dash. Center bolt, screws into a rubber plug which has a metal threaded insert. This is the short version of the install.

For alignment, you should have the door window frame installed with access to adjusting them too. For the windshield pillars need to line up with the window vent piece. I found I need to give and take with each of them. You want the gap to be the same if possible and make sure you can close the door. The areas to watch are at the top of the post and if the top of the door chrome trim piece, the forward edge hits the windshield post.

Cheers, Roger