• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

**sigh**

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag
I've stayed away from ebay and looking at MGs. I've been a really good girl. Too many things going on here through the summer for another toy or project.

But, I have a birthday coming up in a couple months. Wouldn't this look nice with a big birthday bow on it?

https://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayIS...ssPageName=WDVW

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet car.

Steve_S

Yoda
Let's see, let me think about this... YES!!! Too bad the seller is bidding his own car up to a ridiculously high price. That's just sad. Same as that guy selling the V8 conversion GT.

You deserve an MGA today!

OP
jaybird

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag
You noticed that too? Car's real nice, looks pristine from what I can tell in the pictures, but I would NEVER pay $26+ for a toy. Okay fine, I won't say NEVER. I could, at some point, win a lottery or something.

And if I were 'buying,' I'd like a '71 B to be exact. Or a '53 TD. Good years.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Nunyas

Yoda
Country flag
I like the A's... nice swoping lines, curvacious body, understated front end, and a perfectly sculpted rearend. I'd love to have one in my drive way with a bow on it... :p

I certianly wouldn't buy one for 25K+ though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Have a feeling this would be more like what I'd get:

[/ QUOTE ]

what did that guy think when he/she put that reserve over a grand?????? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif mine at least has a running gear, and an interior. It is almost ready to break in half...but still...nevermind the 2500 but it now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nonono.gif

mark

KLUTZ

Luke Skywalker
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
I like the A's... nice swoping lines, curvacious body, understated front end, and a perfectly sculpted rearend. I'd love to have one in my drive way with a bow on it... :p

I certianly wouldn't buy one for 25K+ though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

What a great statement... I agree, as a ball fan though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

The best of the best.... Not that there is anything wrong with that!!!!

thesportswall_1844_203109987.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/canpatriot.GIF

waltesefalcon

Yoda
Silver
Country flag
"Allright, who let the Triumph riff raff in here?"
Hah you MG bums should be happy that I even deigned to grace you with my Triumphly presence. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jester.gif

OP
jaybird

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
I like the A's... nice swoping lines, curvacious body, understated front end, and a perfectly sculpted rearend.

[/ QUOTE ]
We ARE talking about a car, right Nunyas??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif

OP
jaybird

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
Allright, who let the Triumph riff raff in here? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
yeahthat.gif

rofl3.gif

OP
jaybird

jaybird

Yoda
Country flag
[ QUOTE ]
.....get a rope. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Who's got the tar and feathers?

Nice car walt, but I like the looks and lines of the A so much more. But if you want to buy me that 'rumf for my b/day I could use the money I got from selling it toward an A.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devilgrin.gif

MGA Steve

Jedi Warrior
[ QUOTE ]
Have a feeling this would be more like what I'd get:

[/ QUOTE ]Can't understand what you have against this car? I mean, with a new $3000 aluminum bonnet, $1000 worth of carpeting and seats, $600 in wire wheels, a new head, bumpers, grill, windscreen, top, and assorted instruments and other odds and ends, it could look just like this (except for the scenery!):

https://www.britishcarforum.com/PHPhotoalbum/displayimage.php?pid=608 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

John Moore

Luke Skywalker
You must have been a really good girl to get a $25K MGA for your birthday! lol! I really like MGA's too and have been considering one for my next restoration, then again I've also looked a Series IIA land Rovers! Tho' I wouldn't throw out the Triumph if given to me, they just look so much more brutish compared to the beautiful lines of the A.