• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

*sigh*

terriphill

Darth Vader
D

Deleted member 8987

Ah, but tall shackles add to handling unpleasantries...like the inability to steer clear of the deer.

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
ho ho ho, bet that is a goer. Don't think I would fit in it though.

bgbassplyr

Darth Vader
Might not take much to turn that one around. Replace wing and bonnet, reset the suspension, kill the dragon.If it could be had for under 1k, I'd go for it.

D

Deleted member 8987

bgbassplyr said:
Might not take much to turn that one around. Replace wing and bonnet, reset the suspension, kill the dragon.If it could be had for under 1k, I'd go for it.

Depends on what you mean by "turn that one around".

With a 1995 Geo tracker motor and 5-speed, plus EFI, no telling on rear axle, you'd need a rusted out donor car for the drivetrain bits IF you wanted it "right".

The hood scoop is to clear the EFI....and I think by looking, he meant the intake hose and throttle body gooseneck.

If it was mine, and I had to keep the drivetrain, I'd be looking for a way to swap the coolant expansion tank and the air filter locations first.

If that didn't give me enough underhood clearance, I'd be looking to drop the engine down in the mounts a bit.

bthompson

Jedi Warrior
I dunno...once you come to grips with the fact that it's really a '95 Mitsubishi in a Midget wrapper, it has potential. Bet it'd make a great long distance tourer. (I don't even really mind the dragon. :blush: Sort of hints at its Japanese underpinnings.) More Mitsu than MG, it seems. New wing, strip the bumpers off, quick re-spray, and drop the suspension, and <span style="font-style: italic">I'd </span>drive it. File it under "has potential."

bgbassplyr

Darth Vader
It's now over my 1k limit.

Jim_Gruber

Yoda
Country flag
Isn't a GEO FWD? All of a sudden this presents interesting engine swap possibilities that this list has not discussed before.

1,590 cc 1.6 liters 4 in-line front longitudinal engine with 75 mm bore, 90 mm stroke, 8.9 compression ratio, overhead cam and two valves per cylinder
- Unleaded fuel
- Fuel economy EPA highway (l/100km): 8.7
- Single-point injection fuel system
- 42 liter fuel tank
- Power: SAE and 60 kW , 80 HP @ 5,400 rpm; 94 ft lb , 127 Nm @ 3,000 rpm

Curious what if anything was done to tranny tunnel to get this one to fit.
80 HP = hardened axles

G

They had spit w/ a mustang scoop on backwards like that down here.

Spare dragon's head is worth the $$$ !!!!

Jim_Gruber

Yoda
Country flag
Isn't a GEO FWD? All of a sudden this presents interesting engine swap possibilities that this list has not discussed before.

1,590 cc 1.6 liters 4 in-line front longitudinal engine with 75 mm bore, 90 mm stroke, 8.9 compression ratio, overhead cam and two valves per cylinder
- Unleaded fuel
- Fuel economy EPA highway (l/100km): 8.7
- Single-point injection fuel system
- 42 liter fuel tank
- Power: SAE and 60 kW , 80 HP @ 5,400 rpm; 94 ft lb , 127 Nm @ 3,000 rpm

Curious what if anything was done to tranny tunnel to get this one to fit.
80 HP = hardened axles

Is this the same engine that Bugzuki started with?

Westfield_XI

Jedi Warrior
As I understand it, the Geo is a Suzuki. And the FWD Suzuki 3 and 4 cylinder engines are compatible with the Samurai 5-speed to give a RWD configuration. AFAIK the 3-cylinder Suzuki is one of the few motors that will fit under a Westfield 11 bonnet without cutting the fiberglass. That makes me think it will fit under the Spridget bonnet too.

G

Different Geo models used different engine from different parts of the world, thus "Geo". I have a GSI Storm here that has the 130hp Isuzu Stylus motor in it. Thoguth about that motor swap. It has a 7700 RPM redline, no support and no aftermarket. OEM stuff is hard to find as well. Too bad, motor has only 72K on it and it screams.