• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Sigh

jlaird

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
My two speed B&D drill gave up the ghost. This is the second Bugeye it has striped. Bought it in the 60s I think.

Need to buy better quality I supose.

No more parts cleaning etc for me today.

RomanH

Jedi Knight
Jack,
Don't cry!/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cryin.gif I realy think you got your money's worth out of that drill! After 40 plus years of use and abuse it was bound to die, nothing lasts forever. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nopity.gif

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
40 years out of a B&D - that's amazing!

GB1

Yoda
Country flag
B&D are actually very sturdy, I had one for over 15yrs, that I had bought a yard sale for $5. Well at least the older ones were.

Jack, the keyless chuck on my dewalt is acting up as well. Same matter stripping parts.

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P
The newer plastic ones aren't so good!

Morris

Yoda
I've got two old metal B&D drills I inherited from my Grandaddy. I think they outweigh my car.

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin
I have a metal B&D "skil-saw" I bought around '73. I used it to build the house I presently live in .(yes, I built my own house).
I also used it on Summer jobs building decks, sheds, additions etc. for years. Ten years ago, I dropped it about 2 stories from an addition I was building and cracked the case, but pop-riveted a plate back in to hold it. Still going strong.