• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

RoLLs RoYcE * 1937* - ???? what to do ?

soren_ak

Jedi Hopeful
RoLLs RoYcE * 1937* - ???? what to do ?

okis - out to lunch today with my ex´s girlfriend and her mom - we start to talk about that I have to sell my mgbgt and the frogeye - when moms ask me if i can help her sell her old car also - * now i DO remember that when i dated in the family 8 years ago that her mom had an old car they used to drive newly married cuppels in - but had forgotten all about it.

so now here i find my self with a picture and the OWNERS paiper of a rolls royce 1936 the registrasion number is ms 57638
is this one early silver cloud or whats is called ?
and what shuld i take for it ? - se wants something like 50.000 us dollers if its on a bill ( or she want 17.000 us dollers on a bill and then an envelope with 15.000 us dolles cash = totoal of 30.000 -35 usdollers)

its been moving and maintained every moonth by a mechanich and keept warm and all -

what have just dumped down in my lap here

help me out with some advice plase

thnaks

soren andreasen
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif
will post photos asap

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

https://www.oddscarhire.co.uk/rolls%20royce%2025_30%20landauette.htm
this is the car - mine (or hers) is all white and very very well maintained the mechanich says

ohh - culdbe this also . nr 8 line from top.
https://www.rrec.co.uk/wc.dll?rrprocess~Guestloadhtm~/GUESTS/RRcars.htm

25/30 1936- 1938.
The engine was again bored out, this time to 3½ inches giving a capacity of 4,257 cc. Several changes were made from previous models. The familiar Rolls-Royce carburettor was dropped in favour of a Stromberg and twin S.U. petrol pumps replaced the Autovac. Marles steering was adopted and a Borg and Beck clutch was bought in as for the last of the 20/25's. The magneto of earlier cars was also discontinued and twin electric coils were fitted, one acting as a standby. The longstanding Rolls-Royce braking system with servo assistance driven from the gearbox was still more than adequate for the increase in performance. DWS screw jacks, one at the front and one each side at the rear, were permanently fitted.

1,201 25/30's were made.

OP
soren_ak

soren_ak

Jedi Hopeful
Re: RoLLs RoYcE * 1937* - ???? what to do ?

edit

the amount she wants is just what her dead husband paid for it some 30 years ago when bought it - culd prolly buy it for some 25.000 if fast - but i dont even know if its worth that much at all

HELP

usasma

Jedi Trainee

I would guess that it's worth a bundle. Have it appraised by an appraiser for a solid price.

Henri

Jedi Knight
Country flag

Soren...in great shape the car should fetch around 70-80,000 euros...there not many of these cars still around...since this car has been let out for special occasions it is my guess that it is reasonable shape...without looking at the engine and noting the running condition...it is hard to evaluate...however...my guess is that 25,000 US is a steal...in fair condition the car shouls still be valued easily 50,000 euros...this all based on my own research online...and not on anything specific...

Try doing your own research...I found a 1936 that looked similar that was being asked $79,000 euros for...

OP
soren_ak

soren_ak

Jedi Hopeful

thanks - ive contacted the rolls royce club and is hoping they can help - but fee to join is 1200 dkr and 1000 dkr and thats just to get the chance to get a conversation started. -

anyone else got an idea ?

thanks tho