• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

TR6 Rimmer Bros Vynide PVC Top/Hood cover TR6

SpannerMan

Jedi Trainee
All, Have any among you tried the TR6 soft top replacement p/n 822021ALTBLK from Rimmer Bros?

https://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/rimmer/triumph/tr6/hood-frame#Hood%20Cover%20&%20Fittings

The material is 'Vynide PVC' - I think Vynide refers to the grain/texturing. The top has a zip-out window but no reflective stripe. Can anyone compare the fit, sturdiness and longevity of the top and windows to, say, the Amco (which is now made by EZ-On it seems) top?

Thanks a lot!

Pete

G

Pete,
I personally have had no experience with Rimmer's top and cannot comment on it. But, I can comment on the value of the American dollar versus the British pound and can tell that it sucks. Add in there the cost of shipping and you might want to look very hard at the Robbins tops that I have always used. Currently I have the top of the line Robbins with the canvas look and must say that it fits beautifully (I installed it myself) and holds up very well. My 2 cents.

Bill

OP
SpannerMan

SpannerMan

Jedi Trainee
Thanks guys. The Rimmer top is actually on special (TR parts sale flyer) for 107 GBP right now, which sweetens it up quite a bit more - as long as it works out well. I will drop them a line to ask some questions also. Pete