• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Progress Up-date from Rich Berman and Andrea

Lin

Jedi Knight
Gold
Country flag
Progress Update from Rich Berman and Andrea

I have truly enjoyed the photo journal and updates that the two of you have provided regarding the restoration process for your cars. You seem to be on parallel paths, having both gotten past the defining moment of starting and driving your cars without the shrouds and wings affixed. However, I may be wrong, but I don't believe I have seen much lately. Andrea, your Picasa album stops at 503 images, yet I know you are still plugging away! So gentlemen, how about some current photos and a build report?

Lin

andrea

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Re: Progress Update from Rich Berman and Andrea

Hi Lin
How you are!MERRY CHRISTMAS and NEW YEAR
you are right (503photos)my coachbuilder MAURO della CAROZZERIA AQUILA (EAGLE)are very slowly, and not permit to me to make one photos of the finished car before Christmas!!
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/v6YA77kiai8M_pakfiS0ltMTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink
the car is now on the wise hands of ROMANO a very good Master painter that have my same age-
he beginning to work on cars body at 15 years and never desist, he is retired now, but called to return to the work, due the illness of my friend MAX
All pieces are ready for the paint but ROMANO must work on others cars, MAURO'S are full load of works so I will wait until January to complete the car.

The mechanics part ,are ready and in good working order, recently with LUCA we make the fine tuning of breaks- now we must done some works on the hand brake-
electrical works will be only the simple connections.

I think that also Rick have the same problems in Philadelphia
How you are with the works on your JAGUAR??
Cheers

tonyk

I fully agree with Lin.

I find these progress albums invaluable for learning, hints and tips as I blunder my way through renovation and repair jobs.

The downside is I've had to go back and do more than one job again as I see how it should be properly!!

More power to your shutter fingers. Thanks

AJK

OP
Lin

Lin

Jedi Knight
Gold
Country flag

Andrea,
Thanks for asking about the Jaguar project. Most recently I have been involved in the best part of a restoration - scraping off undercoating with a torch, putty knife, and wire brush. Very tedious work. Suddenly the Jag seems sooo much bigger than the healey! The good news is that this 64 Jag is virtually rust free other than a few places with surface rust.

This link will take you to the web page for my Jag restoration site that addresses the body prep. There you will see what I mean.
https://valvechatter.us/?cat=568

If you just click on https://valvechatter.us you will be taken to my web site for my British cars.

Best wishes for a Merry Christmas!

Lin

healey106

Jedi Warrior
Country flag

Yes I must agree with Lin, also. Both Andrea and Rich have been super resources for those of us who have a Longbridge BN4 and are trying to complete a restoration in a timely manner. But as they say, all good things take time.

Merry Christmas to all and may all restorations be completed soon.

jim :driving:

OP
Lin

Lin

Jedi Knight
Gold
Country flag

Andrea,
I miei migliori auguri per un buon Natale e per un termine Austin Healey nel nuovo anno.
Yours in friendship.
Lin

(how is my Italian?)

Healey_Z

Jedi Warrior

I will need to visit Italy and try to experience what remains of coachbuilders, master technicians and true craftsman from a period gone by.

andrea

Jedi Knight
Country flag

added a linkMolto buono Lin!!
Better than my English, that is worthwhile only for writing,(with help of Dictionary) not sure for a fluent conversation
I have see the progress in your Jaguar site, perfect, as usual from you, that I hang upon my guru:friendly_wink:
as fans of fine mechanic, Jaguars engines have a particular attractive on me, to avoid to be involved on a new adventure
I open the hood(bonnet) of my Maserati
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/DdkkB77ixn6To7GYJpo9x9MTjNZETYmyPJy0liipFm0?feat=directlink
a misunderstood car technically at the top of this age, but plunged by the hurry to go on market, with a car not completely
tried and true (my car with the further turbos are a very reliable car- BUT it require some advice's at the start and at the stop of the engine)https://www.maserati-indy.co.uk/alfieri302.htm

Healey_Z
You must came in Italy without hesitation, this is the ends time for, coach-builders, master technicians and true craftsman,
submerged
from this Japanese and Korean cars stile or better cars uniformity
BUT stile that in Italian is synonyms of elegance,refinement, grace, is NOT applicable to this generation of cars
Cheers and AUGURI!!:very_drunk:
Andrea

Last edited:

richberman

Jedi Warrior

Lin,
I added photos of the car as of last week. I, like Andrea had a long wait for the bodyshop. They told me 4 weeks, which turned into 5 months. I am happy to report that I transported the car with finished bodywork back to my garage last Friday (my Christmas present!) and am awaiting a delivery from AHSpares with all of the upholstery, interior, hood and various other bits and pieces. You can also see the photos of the interior at my link. https://picasaweb.google.com/110087349657726745747/57AustinHealey#
I am planning on spending most of my next 4 months making it street drive-able and will continue to add photos and videos to my picasaweb site. I am glad to know that so many people are enjoying the build documentation. I know that I have found the online resources immeasurably helpful (including the enormous help here) getting my car to its current state. This is my very first car project and I owe all of you a huge thank you!!!! And Happy New Year!!! A special thanks to Superwrench (Bob), Andrea, Lin, Randy, Keoke, Jim (Healey106), Derek, Rich Chrysler (RIP), Roger Moment, Allen Hendrix, Steve Byers, Steve Gerow, Rich Mayer, Jim (Healeyblue) and many others too many to name.

I hope to meet Andrea and see his car in Italy some day as he has been my best mate working on the same project on opposite sides of the big pond.

Happy New Year to everyone here!
Best,
Rich

I have truly enjoyed the photo journal and updates that the two of you have provided regarding the restoration process for your cars. You seem to be on parallel paths, having both gotten past the defining moment of starting and driving your cars without the shrouds and wings affixed. However, I may be wrong, but I don't believe I have seen much lately. Andrea, your Picasa album stops at 503 images, yet I know you are still plugging away! So gentlemen, how about some current photos and a build report?

Lin

andrea

Jedi Knight
Country flag

Hi Rich
AUGURI !! have one HAPPY NEW YEAR
We are worried from your blackout, but I was sure that you are busy in this late part of the year, as Lin we are await for new photos from your Google Album,
so please, doing double work !:encouragement:
Italy is no so far away, as it appear- and also the US East shoreline is nearby to me, the important is to come to a decision
Cheers:cheers:

healey106

Jedi Warrior
Country flag

Rich - AWESOME photos!!!! The interior and body work looks fantastic!!! since we are only 40 miles apart, perhaps you could drive by and see my "Harry" in the shop, awaiting completion before you take that little trip "across the pond". That trip to Italy should be included with the Bucket List item for a visit to the new Healey Museum

Happy New Year to All!!!
Jim:driving: