• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Pre-War Pre-war gathering in Banff, Canada last Sunday...

John_Mc

Jedi Knight
Country flag
I had the good fortune to visit beautiful Banff, Canada this past weekend and saw a large number of pre-war roadsters (of unknown mark) driving into the park as we were leaving. Anyone know what the cars/occasion were/was? On a side note, I also had the experience of VERY narrowly escaping being struck by lightning on the top of Sulpher Mountain. An exhilerating experience to say the least!

sammyb

Luke Skywalker
Don't know, but the summer always seems to bring out the cars in Banff and surrounding areas. When I was at Lake Louise back in June with my kids and friends, there were a couple Ferraris parked together. A few days later we were stuck by floods at my friends' place in Canmore. Amazing how despite being in one of the most beautfiul places on Earth, I still couldn't wait to get the ($&@ out of Dodge. (We tried to get out the morning of the initial floods on Thursday, but didn't get out until 9PM Saturday!)

rbrooks

Freshman Member
Those were Alfa Romeo 8c that were on a 1000 mile drive through the Rocky Mountains. They were in Couer d'lane, ID. on Friday and I was able to get a good look at them and talk to a few of the owners.

OP
John_Mc

John_Mc

Jedi Knight
Country flag
Those were Alfa Romeo 8c that were on a 1000 mile drive through the Rocky Mountains. They were in Couer d'lane, ID. on Friday and I was able to get a good look at them and talk to a few of the owners.

Thanks! What an amazing drive that must be!

sammyb

Luke Skywalker
Imagine ripping through Banff and Kootenay with twin superchargers feeding the dual overhead cam eight! (I love it when people talk about overhead cam technology being "new" -- usually when bashing LBC and Corvette engines as "low tech" and "old".) The 8C has one of my two favorite engines -- the other being the Duesenberg J/SJ (supercharged form, of course). Both are like bringing a gatling gun to a knife fight.

I always wondered if with my long legs I'd be able to comfortably drive an 8C. The accelerator in the middle can't be easy for a tall guy.

3798j

Darth Vader
Bronze
Country flag
This unrestored '38 8C (short wheelbase) was quite the hit. Took this photo at "The Elegance" held at the Hershey Hotel this past June. How lucky you were to see 8C's "in action".

sammyb

Luke Skywalker
I'll actually see the Pebble Beach Best In Show-winning '37 8C 2900B Sunday at the Kirkland Concours in Tacoma,WA. There will also be a '34 6C 1750 6S Zagato competing in the same early CCCA Classics Class (along with a couple Bugattis, Bentleys, Rolls-Royces...actually a **** of a field in that class!)

I'm judging the Ferrari Class with two very impressive gentlemen, so I'll have to "slum it" with a '60 250GT California, F40, 275 GTB/4, 365 GTB/4, and a 2000 F1 team car, among others. I'll probably have to get the smile surgically removed from my face!

Sherlock

Yoda
Country flag
I had the good fortune to visit beautiful Banff, Canada this past weekend and saw a large number of pre-war roadsters (of unknown mark) driving into the park as we were leaving. Anyone know what the cars/occasion were/was? On a side note, I also had the experience of VERY narrowly escaping being struck by lightning on the top of Sulpher Mountain. An exhilerating experience to say the least!

Oh man... And no one told me... :hammer: I would have been there in a heart beat just to see them, just up the road from me too, just wish there was a way to figure out when all these vintage driving tours happen, you just don't see stuff like this much in our part of the world except for occasional tours like this which I never hear about... :blue: