• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Peugeot 907

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Peugeot 907

Wow! what a machine /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yesnod.gif

Sherlock

Yoda
Country flag
Re: Peugeot 907

Peugeot 907 (Different website, should be popup free, <cross my fingers> )

OK... I'm way out of the new car loop these days, but are they now going to make some of these cars?

Will consumers purchase a super car with the brand name Peugeot attached to it? No matter how nice of a car it is...

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P

Its French! & when I clicked on one of the little photos, that d@mned French site loaded my computer with pop-ups! D@mn French!

Mickey Richaud

Staff member
Gold
Country flag

[ QUOTE ]
Its French! & when I clicked on one of the little photos, that d@mned French site loaded my computer with pop-ups! D@mn French!

[/ QUOTE ]

Watch it, Tony! Remember, our own Al Gore invented this internet thing - it's all his fault, not the French's.

Mickey (Yes, Richaud!)

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag

Pretty cool car. That wrap over windshield must give a very open feel when driving. Just don’t flip it…

OP
Keoke

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag

HI Sherlock;
I do not know if they will build the car or not.They have presented a number of concept cars but none to my knowledge ever went in to production. This car however is a beauty and peugeot has a world of experience building engines. I think as a high end car it would do very well in todays market.---Keoke

P.S. I did not see any POP UPs but I checked my blocker and it went from 8-to-30--- /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yesnod.gif

Sherlock

Yoda
Country flag

Tony...

I use Firefox browser, so wouldn't have noticed any popups, virtually all popups are blocked for me automatically.

V

vagt6

That's a beautiful car. And yes, Peugeot has a rep for building very good cars and trucks.

And regarding the "da@n French", it seems that most folks who comdemn the French people nowadays (seems popular in some circles) have never been to France or met a French citizen. Strange. I've always found French people to be extremely polite, more so than most of the Americans I encounter (sad but true).

And after all, where would we be without Lafayette?

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P

Mark - Been to France several times...& I find French citizens much friendlier after they immigrate to the US...in ther country, they tend to be a bit snippy if you don't speak their language...I speak English, German & Flemish none of which they particularly like

OP
Keoke

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And after all, where would we be without Lafayette?

[/ QUOTE ]

Speaking English???

[/ QUOTE ]

Keoke--- /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

aeronca65t

Great Pumpkin

Speaking English???

James: Good one! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

More likely the *Queen's* English.....not at all like the language we speak here in New Jersey!

The 907 is pretty but I prefer the keen little 205 GTi. I wish the 205 was sold here.
I probably like French cars as much as Brit-cars...especially Matras, *real* Bugattis, the Abarth-Simcas and of course, the Duex Chevaux.
My one experience in France was very pleasant and they have very good bread (which goes a long way with me).

And back to cars....what's weird is the fact that it's called the "907".
That is a name Porsche gave to one it's cars in the late 60s (a car mostly used for endurance racing).
Back when Porsche came out with the first 911 (1963-4), they called it the "901", but Peugeot stopped them from using the name, since there was already a Peugeot model named "901".
Maybe the name-stealing problem between the two companies has been resolved.

Peugeot 907 V-12
peugeot90704.jpg

V

vagt6

Tony, it's a shame you've had such a negative experience in all your travels in France. To say "darn French" sounds like all eighty-five million French folks must have spit in your corn flakes!

I hope it's better for you on your next visit. If you'd like my input on friendly places to visit on your next trip there, please let me know. I'll be glad to help.

Cheers!

tony barnhill

Great Pumpkin - R.I.P

I know, Mark....& we're going back next summer...can't say ALL my experiences were bad or I'd not go back - just I expect it & am pleasantly surprised when it doesn't occur.

Any input is appreciated....I always rent a car & keep my schedule open!