• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Nine hours straight Midget work!

Baz

Yoda
Country flag
By some miracle this morning, the motor generator at our office caught fire and our building had to be evacuated and we were all sent home.
Wife and bambino were at the in-laws all day an eve, so I went crazy in the garage. From 11 am until 8 pm, I've been bonding with Pegasus as we weren't getting along. Stopped for a bite to eat and one cigarette (in 9 hours) and we are now straight with eachother.
A fellow club member came by, and I tell you, he was like a surgeon (owns an A, a B and a TD) and would not leave until Pegasus purrrrred like a kitten; those SUs were singing (and clean), the timing was within .0005 of a degree, the valves perfect and the idle was steady at 950.
She will fly.
Thanks Mike, sincerely; thanks Pegasus.
In my years messing with minis, I've never heard a 1275 sound like mine tonight. I wont wait till spring; roof and heater out, I'm taking her out tomorrow.

Tonneau, leather jacket, flat cap and stringback gloves.

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Nice work Barry! That's the sort of day we all want to have. Enjoy your drive, do a lap for me--just home from a gig (1 am) and it's snowing here.

DrEntropy

Great Pumpkin
Platinum
Country flag
Sweet! S'pose you'll have a perpetual (frozen) grin on yer gob for a week! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

bugimike

Yoda
Ya gotta grow a bushy mustache over the summer to avoid THAT!!

ecurie_ecosse

Luke Skywalker
[ QUOTE ]
Ya gotta grow a bushy mustache over the summer to avoid THAT!!

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Nice one Mike! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Stuart. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

Morris

Yoda
I am sooooo jealous. I can hardly get an hour in a week these days.

OP
Baz

Baz

Yoda
Country flag
Gah! got half way round the block and I smelled gas and the fuel pump ticked a few times; have a bad gasket on #2 float bowl.
Hey, at least I got dressed up and it made it to 50* so the thought was there, small reward and an easy fix.

bugimike

Yoda
Just remeber guys, every ride is a "test run"! I have been driving LBCs for I don't know how long now, and it is the RARE run that does not require a stop to check/tune/tweek/adjust/repair or fiddle with something. That's half the fun of earning the grease-smudged fingers of a true LBCO!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif

kcbugeye1275

Jedi Knight
I love driving my bugeye in the winter(I do have a top and sidecurtains) It is an unique way to look at the world. But, the bugeye is at the bodyshop getting a new coat of paint. Hope to get it back after the first. Then, I'll need some time to put it all back together....

drooartz

Staff member
Gold
Country flag
Too much salt for any winter driving here, so it's repair and maintain time here.

Bugeye58

Yoda
We had one storm, about a month ago that required salt on the roads. Nothing since then, and I'm tempted to take the Midget back out of hibernation for one last blast. We've had enough rain since then to wash off any residual salt. Never did install the new top, so it'll be cold, but, on the other hand, probably worth the chill, just to blow the cobwebs out. (The driver, not the car.)
Jeff