• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

My holiday past time!!!

rustynuts

Yep after over 25 years of being self emplolyed , then getting a 9-5 job, I'm finally on a weeks paid holiday. I bought a new USA made 2 post Rotary lift car hoist 2 weeks ago and today I raised the '55 up and had a good look under it. The only holes are in the bottom/rear of both rocker panels. I spent about 3 hours under there with a putty knife scraping the surface rust and hardened grease from the underside of the frame and body. Still lots of " quality time " left to play! LOL. Just steps from the beer fridge and TV. Its -15 Celsius here and we have had snow every day for the last week. I keep thinking as to how lucky I am to have a car in this condition and how its the perfect candidate for a frame off restoration. Oh well I plan on going over all the mechanicals, new interior, new paint and maintain it to perfection and drive it like it was built to be driven.

catfood

Jedi Knight
-15 and you need a beer fridge? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cheers.gif

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
3798j A Holiday to Remember - Chevrolet Other Cars 3
David Townsend Annual Holiday Sale On Limited Edition Fine Art Prints! British Motor Corp 1
David Townsend Annual Holiday Sale On Limited Edition Fine Art Prints! Sunbeam (Rootes) 0
David Townsend Annual Holiday Sale On Limited Edition Fine Art Prints! Jaguar 2
David Townsend General TR Annual Holiday Sale On Limited Edition Fine Art Prints! Triumph 2
David Townsend General MG Annual Holiday Sale OnLimited Edition Fine Art Prints! MG 2
David Townsend Annual Holiday Sale On All Limited Edition Fine Art Prints! Austin Healey 1
David Townsend General TR Last Call for Holiday Print Orders Triumph 6
jlaird Holiday efforts Spridgets 11
Jim_Gruber So who has found Basil's Holiday surprise? Spridgets 8
Geo Hahn A Holiday Greeting Triumph 8
kcbugeye1275 Holiday thoughts Spridgets 1
Steve_S Holiday-Related Photos MG 9
Steve_S Calling for MG Holiday Photos! MG 4
tahoe healey past post about sholder belt foam Austin Healey 2
K TR2/3/3A Dismantling Speedometer...getting the odometer pin past the case??? Triumph 2
maxwedge5281 help.....one of my fav past-times is not available!!!! Austin Healey 11
D Wanted How to locate my father's past Austin Healey1963 3000 Mark III using its Vin # Austin Healey Classifieds 5
DrEntropy Blast from th' past Racing 3
Joe Reed MGB Clutch Slave push rod...past its prime MG 2
Steve Spotted in the Milwaukee area in the past few weeks... British Motor Corp 0
tomshobby I am trying to find the past history of my Midget. Spridgets 3
Tinkerman TR2/3/3A Another Freeby from the past. For a 1960 TR3A Gas Tank Triumph 4
Patrick67BJ8 BJ8 Tach Won't go past 2400 rpm Austin Healey 5
tomshobby out of the past Lotus 4
JPSmit Sunday Night past Spotted 1
Michael Oritt Blast from the past--Dave Russell Austin Healey 9
PATR8 TR4/4A TR4 cruised past me Triumph 8
G Does the 1500 mainshaft stick out past the bellhou Spridgets 11
PAUL161 Coachbuilders From The Past Other British Cars 1
PAUL161 Removing/deleting past local events? FORUM Navigation Questions 0
J Great weekend this past week Triumph 4
W Midget stored away for the past 10 yrs. Spridgets 9
A seeing into the past Austin Healey 8