• Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

seeing into the past

being of rather diminutive vertical stature,5'6 1/2"to be exact,i have a need to correct the hight of my rear view mirror,the one on the dash,ive made a couple of differant size post extensions ala 'moss'stuff,see attcmt,but they make it impossible to get the full view of the windshield,totally obscuring the entire center portion,im considering a more modern 'glue on 'type to be placed just below the top windshield frame,i havent purchased one yet and im wondering if it would incumber the the ragtop frame?,or once the top was up if ill be able to see out the rear at all?yes i can put the top up,and move the old mirror around to check and i will do so,but has anyone had the need to correct this broblem?and woddya do? when im driving my car i noticed people getting real close to the back of my car,happens every time,going through a series of stop signs i noticed a young lady getting closer every time i stopped,about the 6th one i slowly got out of the car and politely asked why she was doing this? she replied"well ive never seen one of these and i was trying to read the script on the trunk"i dont want to be looking into the past to remember what my healey once looked like!i want to be on the look out for that one person who not only doesnt see the "script" but doesnt even see the car!thanks anthony7777 1963 bj7 3000 M.K.II

Attachments

• 147686-MVC-013S.JPG
    147686-MVC-013S.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 92

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Well Anthony, With the top up you are limiting visibility from an inside mirror no matter what you choose. On the otherhand, when the top is down I use a SKI Boat Mirror temporarily clamped to the windscreen frame top which gives me a panoramic view of whats going on behind me.---Fwiw---Keoke

OP
A
th,ya i figured id make one and try it out befor spendin the bucks,glad i did,it doesn work out for me,think ill try the keoke "mirror clamp" method check out attch.

Attachments

• 147877-MVC-014S.JPG
    147877-MVC-014S.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 85

GregW

Yoda
Platinum
Country flag
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gifThanks Anthony, I had a good laugh with that one. Great way to start out the morning. If you like the car in my last post, it’s for sale on ebay. I don’t know whose it is, I just swiped the picture to put the sign on.

Keoke

Great Pumpkin
Country flag
Well Anthony, for the top up condition "U" might try one of those suction cup mirrors that you attach to the windscreen glass and see if it is useful.---Keoke