• The Roadster Factory Recovery Fund - Friends, as you may have heard, The Roadster Factory, a respected British Car Parts business in PA, suffered a total loss in a fire on Christmas Day. Read about it, discuss or ask questions >> HERE. The Triumph Register of America is sponsoring a fund raiser to help TRF get back on their feet. If you can help, vist >> their GoFundMe page.
  • Hey there Guest!
    If you enjoy BCF and find our forum a useful resource, if you appreciate not having ads pop up all over the place and you want to ensure we can stay online - Please consider supporting with an "optional" low-cost annual subscription.
    **Upgrade Now**
    (PS: Subscribers don't see this UGLY banner)
Tips
Tips

Mostly good news

mikecyc72usa

Jedi Trainee
Well, I just passed 10,000 miles since mid March in my Spitfire yesterday. Still need to do some stuff, like valve adjustment, replace those pesky u-joints that were from a bad batch, and really dial in the carbs (I think it's time to get a backup set).

What next? Well, some interior panels after putting some heat and soundshield down, then I guess I'll begin doing prep for a repaint. Can't afford a total bare shell spray, so guess I'll do all the prep and get a $500 respray. Since I'm not having any dings removed and it's my everyday car, I'm not going for anything more than protecting the shell, and looking good from 5 feet away. I think a dark color and recreating the pinstripes is where it's at. So Happy Holidays!!!

Brosky

Great Pumpkin
Mike, the choice is all yours. Just keep us in the loop with pictures and we'll be happy.

Merry Christmas to you if it fits, if not, Happy Holidays.

OP
mikecyc72usa

mikecyc72usa

Jedi Trainee
Thank you! I think the Brits have it right with Happy Christmas. Since I have black carpet and houndstooth seats, going for a green is my first choice, but for some odd reason silver is attracting me, too. I think it'll come down to what paint is cheapest amongst the colors I like, lol. Trust me, there will be pics galore. I should set up a page of all my Triumph pics. That would be entertaining...like last night when 3 friends used my Spitfire to get home, one of whom was drunk beyond comprehension, and I got to drive a scooter to their house...

hondo402000

Darth Vader
if you are going for a low cost respray and doing the prep all you will need to do is wet sand with 600 grit paper but use a sanding block so you dont get grooves from your fingers, Dura block make several small ones, and if you have some minor dings, go to a place that sells auto paints and mixes them, some napa stores have a auto paint dept and get some 2 part glazing compound, its like bondo but thinner consistancy, get some spreaders, get some spot primer from them too, do not get primer from auto zone! get SEMS if they have it, wet sand the car, spot prime the dings, apply the glazing compound to the ding, wet sand with a block, Prime and the dings are gone! that way you wont be wanting to paint the car again for a while.

Hondo